CrazyBoards.org

I enjoy the company of nuts

Hi,

Just to introduce myself. I just posted something in the NOS forum. My partner is NOS and schizo flavored, or whatever. I myself have had many bouts of depression, I've seen quite a few counselors and been on antidepressants a few different times; I'm not so interested in being on them the rest of my life though.

I have been thinking this week about the relationships of my life. When I started college, I planned on being a psych major and took a few intro classes and even abnormal psych, which was an upper-level undergrad class, in my freshman year. I actually wanted to go into research, and I wish to hell I had because maybe now I could be sitting on a gigantic mountain of cash, cashing in on all the medicines that were being developed just about the time I was a fresh-faced co-ed. Well, whatever, I didn't do it. INSTEAD... I ended up hanging out with addicts and crazies as friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, almost-spouses, etc.

As you may have guessed, my family was crazy. My adoptive dad killed himself when I was 10 and my adoptive mother was a stupid drunk. I never knew my biological mother, but I hear she was a big boozer and a mental patient, etc. She died of stroke/heart attack at 51.

Anyway, that's the long and short of it. I do not wish to get on here and yadda yadda about my partner, I know she doesn't like for me to talk about her. So I will kind of talk about how I react to her. OK?

thank you for any help.

Guest Vapourware

Hai and welcome to the boards. You are free to talk about how you react to your partner here, although keep in mind that we are a first-person board, and therefore in some instances, we may not be able to answer questions about her. Hopefully we can help you with some questions regarding your depression, if you have any.

Hello!

Tend to gravitate toward the mixed nuts too, they tend to "get" me. Yup, family of origin was/is pretty wacked, though I get the award for most hospitalizations. Prob. also would have been a genius, had mom not tried to shake me quiet as an infant. Oops, had better start utilizing the DBT skills now : p

Anyway, welcome to the club.

Hi and welcome to the boards.

There is, honestly, every possible kind of nut here. We are a very big tin.

Talking to people who get you is, in part, what this place is about. So read and talk and read and talk and read and talk. And make friends if you want to. You find them in the weirdest places.

I have found it strangely fabulous how I can open up my secrets to completely anonymous strangers here only to have them truly understand me.

cheers,

grouse.

That would be great if I could actually talk to people about what is going on. I feel so alone. I can't really just chit-chat with the people at work about my nutso girlfriend, it's just too weird. I've been thinking of going back into counseling, but like a lot of things, I just can't seem to make the effort.

--MK

Hi and welcome to the boards.

There is, honestly, every possible kind of nut here. We are a very big tin.

Talking to people who get you is, in part, what this place is about. So read and talk and read and talk and read and talk. And make friends if you want to. You find them in the weirdest places.

I have found it strangely fabulous how I can open up my secrets to completely anonymous strangers here only to have them truly understand me.

cheers,

grouse.

Archived