CrazyBoards.org

How do you know when you're getting better?

This is a stupid question, I guess. But I've been wrapped up in my mental stuff for such a long time that I'm not sure that I'll be able to tell when I'm better.

I dont have an answer...but God do I know how you feel about this. After 1 and a half years of going through a real rough patch I'm almost getting used to be being "not normal".

This is a stupid question, I guess. But I've been wrapped up in my mental stuff for such a long time that I'm not sure that I'll be able to tell when I'm better.

I dont have an answer...but God do I know how you feel about this. After 1 and a half years of going through a real rough patch I'm almost getting used to be being "not normal".

almost 2 1/2 for me, and I'll be watching the answers to this thread with great interest.

I'm so glad others know how I feel. Thank you for the answers.

I was doing ok for about 2 years, until I was 20. Then I went through a manic episode. Then I was ok for another year. Then I started having the bad depression. That was 4 years ago and I've gotten no relief whatsoever. I, too, having gotten used to be "not normal". It's a bad feeling, but unfortunately I feel that it's easier to stay like this rather than put the effort into getting better. That doesn't help me I'm sure.

I'm so glad others know how I feel. Thank you for the answers.

I was doing ok for about 2 years, until I was 20. Then I went through a manic episode. Then I was ok for another year. Then I started having the bad depression. That was 4 years ago and I've gotten no relief whatsoever. I, too, having gotten used to be "not normal". It's a bad feeling, but unfortunately I feel that it's easier to stay like this rather than put the effort into getting better. That doesn't help me I'm sure.

I put forth effort and do alot of the things "they" say to get better. But like I've said for so long....after 8 rounds in a boxing ring,even a boxer looses strength. I have found myself living on a plateau that is functioning, but only just. And I find NOTHING in life that yields enthusiasm or excitement.

To put it a bit philisophically, you'll know you're better when you're better. I.e., you'll quit asking if you're better, or "when am I going to get better."

Mental health is not like a broken leg; you don't get to throw the crutches away and say "hallelujah, I am healed!"; rather, we are far more prone to introspection, imo, and perhaps think that "normality" is out of reach.

Just remember what "normality" is--a myth. Every normal girl should look like Cindy crawford, every guy like Mark Wahlberg, every family like the Cleavers.

Bull. Shit. You're getting better when you aren't getting worse, and you set your own normal. Feeling happy is doubleplus good, but me, I'll take not feeling like shit, and I'll like it.

I feel more stable (Hell, I'll never be normal) when I go through a day with no obsessive thoughts, no ruminating, and can just feel at peace with who I am and what I'm doing. I don't necessarily have to be happy, just no jumpy or sad.

I feel somewhat normal so to speak whatever that is at home by myself alone with my thoughts. But when I go to work thats another story I work kinda a tight knit group of guy's well there's a few of them that think that they can dish me out a spoon full of shit and I'm suppose to eat it and this seems to make them feel better and to be honest most of the time I do eat shit and smile like a donkey eating briar's but when they catch me at the right time and they pull that trigger I will go straight to there ass and then my normal feeling is gone I just can't handle people like that they really don't have any limits to how low that they will sink to and really have to watch what I say because of my bipolar problem they're kinda watching me and I have lost all respect from them since they found out I have a problem so every day there it's always fight or flight

Last time I felt normal was when when I started Lamictal. It was coming out of depression but... Not with a bang, ya know? No fireworks. I kept waiting for them, felt like I was in some kind of limbo.. And then I realized, this is normal.

Archived