CrazyBoards.org

BP upset or normal upset?

How can I tell the difference if I'm upset because of my BP mental illness or if I'm a healthy kind of upset? I'm on meds but its hard to tell the difference? Is this a question that cannot be answered easily?

I've had BP for a long time and only recently have gone on medication, so how can I tell if I'm having healthy anger?

You could look at your level of anger in response to the stimulus--i.e., that guy who just cut me off in traffic, do I flip him off or tailgate him and jump out at the next light and pry his door open so I can give him a beatdown?

Also, I think, there's a level of how constant it is--are yiou upset all/most of the time, or just in response to certain stimuli.

Basically, examine the reasons why you're upset, and how upset you are, and you'll be pretty far down the path of answering your question, I think.

And, imo, you'll find that you're a hell of a lot farther ahead than a lot of those "sane" jerks out there...

There is the anger aspect about which Crazynotstupid wrote. There is also, for me, an internal engine which gets reved up...and can lead to all sorts of strong emotions. I can tell whether my engine is reved up, or whether I feel calm. I notice when I start crying uncontrollably about..? something sad on tv even, or when my reaction is more moderate. With time these emotions are clues.

• 1 month later...

Archived