CrazyBoards.org

Hello.

I think I am about to go batshit. I've been experiencing paranoia and false memories these last weeks and now I've started hallucinating again. Just last night, I saw a lion in my bedroom. It attacked me, and I could feel its bite. And I've started to hear voices who are insulting me when I go to sleep at night. I'm going to call my pdoc in an hour or so, and I am afraid she'll send me back to the hospital.

Help!

Hi,

It sounds like you need people that you can trust to keep you safe, even if that is an admission. You've done the right thing. It is possible to get this stuff more under control so you don't have to suffer like this, that attack sounded like a frightening experience. I'll be thinking of you today and hoping you get to weather this storm in a safe place.

Thank you for your reply! I don't want to go to the hospital, but if pdoc thinks it's a good idea I will do it because I trust her. It is better to go to the hospital when you still have insight, so maybe if I have to go, I'll stay only for a few weeks or so.

...these last weeks...

With time you will probably get better at detecting your early warning signs so you can catch it earlier. This might be a good time to write a list of your warning signs and turn it into an action plan, like "when I start experiencing false memories or paranoia (and whatever other signs you've noticed), then I will right away.... 1) e.g., call my pdoc for a med tweak (123) 456-7890, (2) withdraw from stressful situations, etc.....

Guest Vapourware

Good luck with the Seroquel, I hope that really helps with your symptoms. I agree with the others that in time, you will be able to pick up the warning signs easier. I'm glad that you were proactive with your treatment and was open-minded to your doctor's suggestions. I think that will really benefit you on the path to recovery.

Thank you all so much for your support. I really hope it will get easier with time.

How fast is Seroquel supposed to work? I took my first 200 mg yesterday at night, and today I somehow feel much better, the horrid uncertainty is gone. Am I just having a dood day or is it possible that it has already kicked in? Pdoc said it was supposed to work really fast.

Guest Vapourware

I'm not sure about Seroquel, but I do know that with APs in general, they can kick in pretty quick - like, within days. So, perhaps that is what's happening.

Thank you all so much for your support. I really hope it will get easier with time.

How fast is Seroquel supposed to work? I took my first 200 mg yesterday at night, and today I somehow feel much better, the horrid uncertainty is gone. Am I just having a dood day or is it possible that it has already kicked in? Pdoc said it was supposed to work really fast.

When I started on my Seroquel, I noticed some improvement straight away (mainly stopping of my thought control and reduction of anxiety). But I would say it is a few weeks until at least I got the full effect (reducing the intensity of my delusions), and also the sedation started to wear off to a point where I was more functional. Though I started at 300mg and then went up to 600mg, and from what I understand 300mg isn't really high enough dose for treating psychosis (it was just for a short time to start for me).

And I'm another one banking on the idea that it gets easier to recognise symptoms in time. Though for me I have managed to go from recognising them years after they happened to recognising them just weeks after they happened, so hopefully that trend will continue.

I hope that what I said makes sense. :unsure:

Thank you. The Seroquel does wonders for my sleep, and my mood is better too.

But I am still psychotic and it's getting worse. There were no more visual hallucinations, but I am constantly hearing stuff that isn't there. Church bells ringing, the phone ringing and voices that are commenting on my thoughts, making fun of me and insulting me. It's really disturbing. And my pdocs office is closed for the weekend... :(

If you are having voices telling you to kill yourself, it is time to go to the ER. I'm sorry, and I know you probably don't want to go to the ER (I never do) but it sounds like it is time. Seroquel is great, but you may need something stronger/different if your psychosis is that strong. some people find seroquel great for psychosis, but it is obviously not working well for you, at least at the dose you are currently taking.

Please go in and tell a psych evaluator of your symptoms. they will assist you in deciding what to do. The nice thing about hospital stays if you get there while still lucid to a point is that they can be short. I have had psych visits that have lasted just a few days, and it is always when I chose to go in earlier rather than later.

Best of luck,

Anna

I edited that out, because my family knows I am writing here. Sorry for any confusion, I just don't want to worry anyone. I'll talk to my family today, and see what they say. And I will listen to their advice. I've already decided to go to the ER tonight if it doesn't get better. Thanks for your reply and advice, I really appreciate it!

Archived