CrazyBoards.org

So.... I had to admit myself to A&E as a suicide risk the other night. Now that I'm fully in control (sort of) again, I figured I might make a suggestion here. Forgive me if it is not place to do so. :)

I've long been suspecting that I was going to end up doing something stupid/dangerous and land myself in hospital, so I've looked around extensively on the internet to see if there's advice for admitting oneself. After all, we always get the advice that if we feel we are in danger of committing suicide we should go to the ER. So, I thought that maybe CB could benefit from having a pinned topic or something like that that has a brief description of the kind of procedure one one can expect if one goes to the ER: what to say, what not to say, what's the best way to get the fastest possible (less slow) attention/treatment, what to take with you, etc.

I just think that that kind of thing could be helpful, in case anyone does get to that point. I think this could especially be beneficial to people who have no prior experience with stupid, harrassed, jerky A&E nurses like me...

Yeah. Just a thought.

N

Why not go ahead and start a thread in depression called A&E/ER Admittance Advice? It would make a good topic. I think there have been other threads that touched on the issue, but I don't know that any had a specifically related title or focus. Depending how it goes, it could end up a pinned topic.

Archived