CrazyBoards.org

the beginning of my crazy was OCD with license plates

the first sign that i was crazy came out when i was in my teens. it had to do with license plate numbers on cars. everybody use to just laught at me. i didnt feel crazy but after reading here today it makes sense.

there were certain license plate number that really excite me, with having certain patterns, multiples and combinations. i was also able to recall the license plate numbers of everybody i knew. there were also times when i would see 2 cars next to each other on the road with similar numbers like: 233 JT9 and the other be 233 JS9. i remember calling people really excited.

then there are the ones that would make me feel like i had won a prize of safety and well being like: 456 FED (F is 6th letter, E 5th...) seeing it made me feel like my parents were now safe from ever getting sick.

plates with no cohesive theme, pattern, or decipherable meaning would make me feel sick to my stomach, like: A84 1D5

also i remember if i saw one i liked if i wa able to recite it back without looking at it again up to my own satisfaction (no stumbling over the syllables when i would say it) i would feel as though i would have a safe round trip.

anyways. i can now retrace back to the beginning.

thanks.

the first sign that i was crazy came out when i was in my teens. it had to do with license plate numbers on cars. everybody use to just laught at me. i didnt feel crazy but after reading here today it makes sense.

there were certain license plate number that really excite me, with having certain patterns, multiples and combinations. i was also able to recall the license plate numbers of everybody i knew. there were also times when i would see 2 cars next to each other on the road with similar numbers like: 233 JT9 and the other be 233 JS9. i remember calling people really excited.

then there are the ones that would make me feel like i had won a prize of safety and well being like: 456 FED (F is 6th letter, E 5th...) seeing it made me feel like my parents were now safe from ever getting sick.

plates with no cohesive theme, pattern, or decipherable meaning would make me feel sick to my stomach, like: A84 1D5

also i remember if i saw one i liked if i wa able to recite it back without looking at it again up to my own satisfaction (no stumbling over the syllables when i would say it) i would feel as though i would have a safe round trip.

anyways. i can now retrace back to the beginning.

thanks.

You don't seem crazy to me. You just have a unique perspective on things and an analytical way of thinking. Unless you consider this thing seriously imparing your life I probably would not worry about it.

Superstition doesnt always equal OCD. You might just have an obsessive compulsive personality trait (as do I). You may even rate within the normal range of pathology. I was assessed for OCD and the p-doc diagnosed me with an OC personality trait, but not quite meeting the criteria for OCD or OCPD.

I don't think you can be diagnosed just on that, and you definitely shouldn't self-diagnose (at all, but certainly not based on one thing!).

Anyway, it doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would seriously impair your functioning... Maybe it causes you some distress, but does it stop you from functioning?

I may be misunderstanding, but I certainly don't think you should pursue a diagnosis based on one symptom...

N

• 3 weeks later...

Archived