CrazyBoards.org

Blood Work/Allot of Meds

Routine but absolutely full blood work, yes, including liver function, cbc, metabolic panel, and anything else your pdoc would order. I usually do this every 6 mo or so, because yes, I too am on a lot of meds. it is what it is, though. No major organ has failed yet, though my cholestorol is high. Sigh.

Anna

My p-doc has me getting 6 month blood sugar and cholesterol testing because I'm on seroquel. I go to my GP for the testing and she usually goes ahead and does a full liver and kidney function test too since I'm already in there getting blood work.

She is also fond of beating on my kidneys and asking if it hurts if I am just in there for something like a sinus infection

A liver function test, complete blood count, and comprehensive metabolic panel are some that come to mind.

It is not too many meds if they work and control your symptoms. How are your meds doing with your symptoms ?

nf

Pretty good. Just started Topamax, we will see if it has that "side effect" of weight loss as I am overweight. I still can't keep those songs out of my head that I hear on the radio, but hey who doesn't.

Thanks all, I'll have my primary or pdoc write me up some blood work.

Your primary should have a good idea what liver, kidney, and sugar level tests should be run. Most have been said here I think, but it might be better if you just go with lay English.

You are on low levels of Lamictal, Prozac, Topa, and Klonopin. Dep doesn't look high but depends on your level. Not sure about Trilafon. Anyway, overall for this lay person, your meds don't look very high or unusual except the Trlafon instead of an AAP but I'd bet there's history there.

Archived