CrazyBoards.org

about time I registered

Hi there. I've been a lurker for a few months - so many helpful topics, a ton of info and seemingly decent people abound here. It's 3 ayem here and I'm almost sleepy (thanks, doubled up ambien!) so this will be short and probably unitelligible. See? Already. I know that word is spelled wrong, but fixing it will be funny and take way too long. I'm 37, married, that's about as personal as I can get about my real life right now. Bipolar episodes over the years have led me to engage in... impropriety, I guess is a good word? So I gotta keep the interwebs at arms' length. "the interwebs" - I don't even use that term. It just sounded fun.

I listed some interests in my interests section. Other interests/obsessions wax and wane. Lately, on the food front it's been ramen (where have you BEEN all my life since college?!); in movies it's whatever has Andrew Garfield or James McAvoy in it which is weird because usually I dig older male leads; tv it's Millionaire Matchmaker reruns - dear God Patti's a bitch and I LOVE her; music it's been old skool ever since seeing the Tribe Called Quest doc. I've been weeding out shit in my house like mad - I'm hypomanic the past couple days and want to get. stuff. done. so when the inevitable downturn occurs I can at least have a sense of environmental calm. We'll see how that goes. It's a nice hypothesis.

I went improperly diagnosed for a decade- was always told it was major depression; however, after 7 antidepressants/cocktails worked for like 10 seconds and then dumped me even lower a new pdoc got it right, and now it's the weaning game with Cymbalta so I can stop this rapid cycling nonsense. PS going off Cymbalta is a bitch. I'm on Lamictal and Xanax. so far I guess it's going all right? I am also seeing a psychologist and he is crazy beautiful and, frankly, it's distracting; but he's helped me a lot, I gotta admit. I still get suicidal with some frequency - more ideation than would-be attempts. It's been hard for my sweet husband who seriously could not be more physically/mentally healthy, to understand all of it, but he's hanging in there and I don't know where I'd be without his support. Okay probably this is too long, I dont know, I plead Ambien. Anyway, nice to be here in the flesh.

Guest Vapourware

Welcome to the boards. I'm another who was initially diagnosed with major depression too, and I didn't suspect that my mood issues were anything other than depression until I went to a university counsellor because I was feeling "a bit down" and she spotted that I had bipolar moods after about...10 minutes or so, heh.

Anyways, hope you find us helpful. Remember to have a read of the rules and feel free to PM a staff member if you have any questions.

Archived