CrazyBoards.org

when I was 18 I had my last seizure bugt I've felt some coming on recently

I'm on Depokote for mood stabilization and anti-seizures.I had my last full blown grand mal seizure when I was 18 and I'm almost 44 years old but I've felt some coming on the last couple of weeks.Normally when I'm under stress or the lighting in a place is making me have seizures or almost seizures.And I've heard music in my head which may be a part of TLE.I am hearing music in my head right now it is Mountains Mississippi Queen my cheer up song.

Are you sure you aren't having seizures? Just because you aren't having grand mals doesn't mean you don't have seizure activity going on. That's what it sounds like to me. Which would make me think your Depakote is only working for grand mals. Does that make sense to anyone else?

• 2 months later...

My husband has very bad epilepsy. When he has a tonic-clonic, he has a visual disturbance on one side (I always forget which), and an intense feeling of needing to hide. He is often running to hide when he starts seizing, and we are just really lucky that he hasn't bashed in his skull. He tells me he feels paranoid that people will see him having a seizure, and call 911, and he'll be taken to the hospital.

Anyway, it definitely sounds like you could be having seizures (: caveatnot an MD).

• 2 months later...

I was diagnosed w/Epilepsy when I was 19 and after about 4 years on meds, they weened me off and I was seizure free up until last year (I'm almost 35 now). What was dumb on my part was that I knew that it was coming back because I have a very keen sense of my auras when they happen. I started having full grand mal seizures starting about mid way through last year.

Sad thing is that my doctor stated that for ppl who had it when they were young, and then have it come out again when they are older, the seizures tend to get stronger and stronger as they get older, and this has been the case for me over the last year. I am on 1500 mg of depakote a day now, compared to a 1/3 of that when I was in my teens. What was stable for me when I started having seizures again last year (at 1000mg) is no longer sufficient, hence why I am on 1500mg now.

I just got the feeling like I was going to have a seizure about a half hour ago and I wanted to punch someone because I thought they were talking about me and watching me.And I thought I was going to seize up and I knew I had to get out of the area right away.

I'm at the library right now and I'm going to be heading home in a few minutes.I'll have to pass the place where I left because of my Spidey sense warning.