CrazyBoards.org

I wish I had an answer to your question, but I'm still searching for the answer myself. For me the best hope is medication. I hope you get your meds straightened out, and you should start to feel better. My pdoc says that most of the AAP's have antidepressant action, so whatever you change to should help.

So you have been diagnosed with schizophrenia on top of all the other stuff?

Schizophrenia usually responds well to medication, but it doesn't look like you are taking anything for it.

Some of your feelings (the long sleeps, not wanting to get out of bed in the morning, hallucinations and just feeling al round low) may well be the negative symptoms of the schizophrenia, and not depression. Talk to your dr about medication for your negative symptoms of sz. Something like abilify may help.

I personally take clozapine and find it works well for the negative and positive symptoms of sz. I also take a decent dose of prozac which helps with depression.

There are many anti-depressant options too. Even within the SSRI group, you can try zoloft, celexa, lexapro, luvox etc. Do some reading on the anti-depressant board in this forum, and aybe talk to your dr about other anti-depressants. If prozac worked for you its likely that one of the others from the same group will work also.

Good luck and keep posting.

Archived