CrazyBoards.org

Does seroquel decrease the effectiveness of birth control pill

I really need to know. The doctor who prescribed me the pills really doesn't know. All she said was that she didn't trust the combination and seroquel may decrease it's effectiveness. I spoke to pharmicist and they said the meds don't interact with each other. Are there any ladies on the board who take this combo of meds that can help me. I have to know for sure

I have deleted the other copy of this topic. Please only post your topic once. Just choose the sub-forum where you believe it fits best, and if we believe it belongs elsewhere, we will move it for you.

Thanks,

Tryp

Trust the pharmacist. They go to school for years to learn that sort of thing.

Of course, there are other birth control options than just the pill, too, if you're really worried about it or can't get a straight answer.

This has the PI sheets for Seroquel and Seroquel XR. I looked quickly at the XR one and didn't see anything in the reaction to/on other drugs. I've never had a doctor or pharmacist tell me that I need to worry about Seroquel dosages.

This has the PI sheets for Seroquel and Seroquel XR. I looked quickly at the XR one and didn't see anything in the reaction to/on other drugs. I've never had a doctor or pharmacist tell me that I need to worry about Seroquel dosages.

I've been prescribed seroquel. My doc knows all of the meds I'm on and assured me there wouldn't be any interactions between seroquel and the pill. Of course, it may depend on exactly what pill you're taking, but I seriously doubt it. A pharmacist would have mentioned that kind of thing. Mine always go batshit when they suspect med interactions.

N

Thank you guys. Hallowedink, I'm sure my pill will be fine too. I think all bc pills are the same when it comes to drug interactions. I think if a med doesn't interfere with one brand of pill, it shouldn't interfere with another. The only hormonal birth control that doesn't interact with most meds is the shot, which I am on now by the way. I'm stopping due to the bad side effects

Archived