CrazyBoards.org

why does geodon help me concentrate?

when i was completely off meds last year i often had trouble concentrating and had a hard time studying without music playing or people talking near me bc i would get way to distracted. since ive been on geodon im able to stay in the library all day if i have to... im curious bc when i was a little kid i was misdiagnosed by my first and former pyschiatrist as having add. they put me on ritalin but it made me dizzy and my parents stopped giving me meds until my 2nd and current doc prescribed me risperdal then to abilify then finally to geodon when i was twelve and then i dont remember having concentration problems since, until last year when i was free of meds. does anybody else have problems concentrating without geodon?

Hmm.... From what I've seen, it doesn't really look like there's enough NET inhibition for that that to be the cause. IDK, my best guess would be that it's effectively controlling your bipolar symptoms, so there's just less chatter going on in your head, if that makes sense??

Also, moving this to the AP board, as it's really about an AAP, not so much bipolar issues.

Hmm.... From what I've seen, it doesn't really look like there's enough NET inhibition for that that to be the cause. IDK, my best guess would be that it's effectively controlling your bipolar symptoms, so there's just less chatter going on in your head, if that makes sense??

According to my pdoc it does something like RR describes, that was part of why he put me on it.

when i was completely off meds last year i often had trouble concentrating and had a hard time studying without music playing or people talking near me bc i would get way to distracted. since ive been on geodon im able to stay in the library all day if i have to... im curious bc when i was a little kid i was misdiagnosed by my first and former pyschiatrist as having add. they put me on ritalin but it made me dizzy and my parents stopped giving me meds until my 2nd and current doc prescribed me risperdal then to abilify then finally to geodon when i was twelve and then i dont remember having concentration problems since, until last year when i was free of meds. does anybody else have problems concentrating without geodon?

I have terrible trouble with concentration nice to know that geodon helps. Amisulpride which I'm on doesn't help in fact might make my concentration worse and I have no idea how geodon works or helps but its good that it does.

Hmm.... From what I've seen, it doesn't really look like there's enough NET inhibition for that that to be the cause.

Do you have a source? I have yet to find any reliable source on the level of inhibition nor the intensity (receptor affinity/Ki) of the molecules attraction to the NET. All I know is it inhibits the NET and that inhibition of the NET in the forebrain increases dopamine levels as there are very few DATs there and so the NET serves that purpose instead. This is the quasi mechanism of action of Strattera, nortriptyline, and desipramine in usage for attentional issues.

IDK, my best guess would be that it's effectively controlling your bipolar symptoms, so there's just less chatter going on in your head, if that makes sense??

Not to me. Clearing up bipolar symptoms and making me euthymic leaves me with severe attentional/executive functional issues. I have more attentional issues when euthymic than when hypo or manic but not psychotic for that matter.

Hmm.... From what I've seen, it doesn't really look like there's enough NET inhibition for that that to be the cause.

Do you have a source? I have yet to find any reliable source on the level of inhibition nor the intensity (receptor affinity/Ki) of the molecules attraction to the NET. All I know is it inhibits the NET and that inhibition of the NET in the forebrain increases dopamine levels as there are very few DATs there and so the NET serves that purpose instead. This is the quasi mechanism of action of Strattera, nortriptyline, and desipramine in usage for attentional issues.

IDK, my best guess would be that it's effectively controlling your bipolar symptoms, so there's just less chatter going on in your head, if that makes sense??

Not to me. Clearing up bipolar symptoms and making me euthymic leaves me with severe attentional/executive functional issues. I have more attentional issues when euthymic than when hypo or manic but not psychotic for that matter.

There was something about it in my neuro class last semester. I'll try to find it, or see what else I can find.

I wonder if your attentional issues when euthymic might be more to do with meds, than with euthymia itself? I know a lot of meds have elicited that for me.

Archived