CrazyBoards.org

Hello. Again.

This is more of a re-introduction than an introduction. I started here late last year when I was in the grip of a mind-numbing depression, and was waiting for an "official" Bipolar II dx and meds to treat it. I correctly predicted that after I was feeling better I'd likely no longer post here, because I flake out a lot due to my heavily changing moods. *sigh*

Anyway, I finally got the Bipolar II dx, and started on Lamictal late last December. It has made a world of difference, or at least I thought it had, because I was pretty stable for about six months. But it seems that maybe my 75mg dose is probably not quite cutting it. I came down off of a two-month hypomanic episode a few weeks back, and tdoc and pdoc are "keeping an eye on things" before changing my dosage. I didn't do anything too destructive while I was up, it wasn't as extreme as it has been in the past, so maybe it doesn't call for a med change. Since then, we've been watching for signs of depression, which is the part I'm most terrified about. The depression is the beast that sends me running for help.

Aaaaaaand, here we are. Hello, depression. *waves with resignation*

You folks are all marvelous, and I got a lot out of reading the forums here last year. I'm hoping to stay involved even after this next episode, however it works out, passes, because I do need support even when I don't think I do. And when I'm feeling better, maybe I can be of some help to others.

Welcome back. Easy come, easy go. Just don't slam the screen door!

Don't get discouraged. Try to take heart that you've seen how much improvement there has been. There may be ups and downs but with time and med tweeking you will see continued improvement.

best, a.m.

The door is always open here at Crazyboards, and I'm glad you came back to hang out with us. I'm sure the people who hang out in the bipolar forum will have some good advice for you.

I'm sorry the depression is kicking your butt. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you.

olga

Archived