CrazyBoards.org

Phone calls

Today, my therepist made me call 2 people on her phone-her Physical theripist and her dentist- and tell them I had the wrong number. This brought me to tears, shaking, and panicking,but I did it. I'm still afraid they are going to find me through the phone. I am proud of myself for doing it though. Next, we are going to go to a restaurunt, and order. Yay!!!!! I can't believe I have to learn how to do this without anxiety attacks at 14. I feel so stupid.

The fact that you were able to get through it even though you were scared and crying... that really exposes how courageous and brave you are. You should feel very proud. --Not trying to sound cheesy. I've never struggled with anxiety on that level but I have gone through experiences in life where I felt I could not go any further. I've been shaking and crying, as you described. It takes a lot to put one foot in front of the other in that situation. I just think it's really awesome that you're still putting up a fight.

Keep up the good work :) You'll keep seeing great results!

• 4 months later...

Hi WELL DONE!!! and don't feel stupid, i'm the same i get into total panics to answer the phone or phone someone (even people i know). But i forced myself to call my twin sister about a month ago, and now i feel a bit more relaxed on the phone. :)

I keep my phone off so I don't have to answer. I hate talking on the phone. People complain I never call them back. When I need to make calls, I make all my calls at once. Many months may go by when I make no calls at all. CBT for social anxiety has helped the most and I use those skills when I need to use the phone. I avoid less than I used to, but I still avoid.