CrazyBoards.org

No plans to stop

Dani

Im pretty much to the compulssive cutting stage. I cut all the fucking time. Do i feel guilty afterwards? Yes. But i have no plans whatsoever to stop. I dont even feel the pain anymore, its just a cold sensation. Someone tell me Im fucking stupid and should quit.....right? I mean, whats so bad about it?

Im pretty much to the compulssive cutting stage. I cut all the fucking time. Do i feel guilty afterwards? Yes. But i have no plans whatsoever to stop. I dont even feel the pain anymore, its just a cold sensation. Someone tell me Im fucking stupid and should quit.....right? I mean, whats so bad about it?

You've titled this post "No plans to stop," so I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get out of this.

As Ophelia said, if you have no plans to stop, I don't know how much we can help you. In order to stop and have it stick, you really have to find some motivation inside yourself. In the end, it's got to be up to you to take responsibility for your behaviours.

But you did ask the question, which makes me wonder if there is some place inside you that does want to stop. Have you ever tried to stop before? Do you have a therapist you're discussing this with?

I dont know, I guess I just wanted someone to yell at me. I feel like theres nothing wrong with it right now. But there has to be cause its so frowned on. Yell at me i guess.

That's a bit ineffective, don't you think? At least it is in my experience. I mean, "yelling at" someone for something like this usually just leads to more negative feelings and, well, then sometimes more cutting. Vicious cycles.

So, no one is going to yell at you. People who cut usually do so because they aren't equipped with the proper coping mechanisms to deal with their feelings and emotions. Learning these coping mechanisms takes work, a want to get better, and proper therapy.

Cutting yourself removes your body's only natural barrier against foreign objects. You are opening yourself up and there is nothing to prevent all manner of nasty bacteria setting up residence in your blood. It is very unsafe. Especially since you are doing it so very often; you're increasing your risk of an infection in your blood. That in and of itself is a good reason to not do it. Being sick is a pain in the ass and often painful. Fuck that, man. :)

And then you get scars. And people see the scars. And they might judge you even though they don't know you. That's another incentive to quit.

And even you said it doesn't really even do much for you anymore. Why bother? Is it a compulsion? There's help for that.

Just think of all the things you could be doing instead of cutting yourself. Ever try to crush an ice cube with your hand? It is an unpleasant feeling much like cutting, but you don't expose yourself to pathogens when doing it. And then you can whip it at the ground and destroy it. It's oddly satisfying.

(edit: I mean unpleasant in the sense that it sends a signal from your nerves to your brain that says "pain". Whether your brain interprets pain as unpleasant is another story.)

Archived