CrazyBoards.org

"what do you want us to do?"

tommy000

just wondering how often have you required medical help for yourself or a loved one and it seems the other person/people on the other end seem not interested in helping and treating you like one of the cattle of the herd. just another face.

examples of them not giving a damn

" what do you want us to do?"

" what do you want me to do about it?"

"we cant do anything"

funny if it was THEIR loved one in trouble or themselves they would be pleading and crying for someone to help and give a damn. just a thought. they've got to think about their family first right? a job where they have to do coz they need that money to live and talking to you is something that seems like a chore like washing dirty dishes or changing a babys nappy. like i said something they have to do

When I was in the loony bin I had to have them change my diet because I have an autoimmune disease called celiac, basically when I eat wheat or anything derived from it my immune system attacks my digestive system. Well first they ignored me, so I ate what I could (not much) and then I got super hungry and started eating what I thought "might" be safe. After repeatedly getting sick they changed my diet, which meant they pulled everything i couldn't eat off of the tray and gave me the rest, after another week of typically getting a tray with a cup of apple sauce and 2 pieces of bacon, or a bowl of carrots and a bottle of water I finally got pissed and stopped acting nice. Not dangerous, not loud or at all disruptive. Just honest in how I feel. After causing 2 nurses to cry and a doctor to openly cuss me out my meals suddenly started getting supplemented.

And yes, I heard "theres nothing we can do" many a time. The bastards.

I got the "what do you want me to do" from my second therapist. I told her she was meant to be helping me, to which she replied that that wasn't her job.

Needless to say, I didn't go back. (I also filed a complaint.)

Also, on the topic of doctors who don't give a damn, you could hop over to my thread in "the health care system sucks" and see what I said (rather angrily) about how long it's taking me to get a private referral. I am not a happy bunny right now.

N

Archived