CrazyBoards.org

why me?

tommy000

ive always been bullied throughout my life in school etc. ive also got schiz. since i was 14. i dont know if its coz im paranoid but when it happens, like when it happens i feel " why me " while everyone seems not to be affected by the bullying "why is it ALWAYS me"

paranoia or does everyone get bullied???

It is probably because you are a nice kind caring and sensitive person. People interpret this as weakness and will prey upon it like a pack of snarling dogs.

Try not to let it show that things do bother you. I know that this is hard because it happens to me all the time. I am a big guy and was always bullied as a child

until I had to stand up and fight. It has still happened in to adulthood in different ways. I always seem to be the odd man out all the time. I am a very nice person

also and the haters always find a way to pick on me also.

Just try to keep your had up high and don't always take everything as being about you because it isn't always about you and there are many reasons people act like they are. Alot of them are just assholes that lash out at others to compensate for their own inadequacies!

Shrug it off and concentrate as getting well!

Part of it may be paranoia, part of it may be how you interact in the world. I was bullied as a child for being "different". I worked on this issue in therapy, and do not get bullied under any circumstances in my life. If I am treated improperly, I know what to do to get people to back off PERMANENTLY. This may be part of social skills training for you, and would be adequately address in a therapy context, in my opinion.

Anna

It is probably because you are a nice kind caring and sensitive person. People interpret this as weakness and will prey upon it like a pack of snarling dogs.

so you're saying if i was nasty and rude that i wouldn't get bullied

The short answer to that question is yes. People tend to respect in some weird and backwards way those who are mean and aggressive and think little of those who are kind and caring.

The long answer is yes, but if you zoom out and look at people lined up beside all other animals it makes sense. It's not always about the biggest and strongest one winning but often it's the one who ACTS like they're BIGGER and STRONGER.

I never understood the phrase "It's a dog eat dog world" until I graduated high school and saw how mean and harsh people could be- even though I got picked on a good deal in high school myself.

Guest Vapourware

No actually. If you were an asshole, you would probably still be bullied. Except instead of having possible friends to back you up because they like your good nature, you wouldn't have any support.

Archived