CrazyBoards.org

I have OCD about God's Judgment and whether or not I'm there. It's pretty harsh compared to the POCD I had three yr's ago. I have had the theme changed once and that was in July of 08. I hate this theme but like most theme's with Pure-O you got to accept it and not answer the questions it tries to pull you to ask and then just go about your day. If it wasn't for the Klonopin I would be in a world of hurt right now.

I know that OCD is tough. I never had pure "O" but my OCD was always about blocking out thoughts by performing rituals. I thought that if I let these thoughts occur then they would come true or something bad would happen. Fortunately with the help of meds and by sheer force of reason, I was able to overcome it. I don't know though what can be done for pure "O" OCD. I just want you to know that you are not alone and that it can be beaten.

Do you take any meds other than klonopin? I've heard that risperidone helps somewhat though I did not find that to be the case. Also I've heard that high-dose SSRI's help.

Are you in therapy? I found that therapy is very helpful for OCD to help get beyond the obsessions. In my case, therapy was far more helpful than medication, but mine was more about overcoming the compulsions.

Archived