CrazyBoards.org

Help?

I started cutting in 6th grade. And Its gotten outta control. I always thought I had control over it, that I could quit whenever, but i cant. Now i cut my wrists, shoulders, and legs. And its much deeper than i ever wanted. cant help but think about it all day, and i can barely keep from dong it. I have to quit, it kills my mom to see my like this... please help. I dont know how to distract myself. And...if u have any tips for covering up scars, that would be nice too.

Thanks a ton, :Trigger:

There are two threads at the top of the board of alternatives and distractions. If you're like me, don't discount one just because it doesn't work today. It might work tomorrow.

Do you have access to a therapist, hon? They'd be able to not only help you find the strength in yourself to atop, but can help you figure out the root of why the cutting is driving you.

I hope you're doing alright today. Feel free to pm me if you ever need to. My friends say I'm great to vent at. :)

I agree on distractions, checking out the pinned threads, and if you are not in therapy you should be. Also, if you are in therapy you need to be disclosing this stuff to a therapist. Cutting that deep can be very dangerous. I am sorry you are going through this right now.

Anna

Hi,

Most people tend to cut as a way of coping with an extreme, or a lack, of emotion. Therapy is a great way to find a way to cope in a more healthier way. There are some good alternatives to SI on this board at the top. You might also want to check out some of tips on the personality disorders board with regard to mindfulness and self soothing, both are great ways to cope with emotion. Please feel free to stick around, talk about how you feel and get some support. You're not alone anymore.

This is a good site too: www.siriusproject.org.uk

Archived