CrazyBoards.org

wellbutrin xl

I have recently been started on Wellbutrin xl 150 mg it has been two weeks and I am experiencing some weird feelings of high anxiety feeling like i can't breathe catch my breath type sensation anxiety attacks which i have not experienced in years...I was on Paxil for 10 years and it stoppped working and I had seemed to have gained some weight on that over the years which i didn't really care for either the Dr. seemed to think this would help with some minor winter depression and weight loss....and mild desire to want to smoke which it has decreased my craving for smoking because i had recently quit...but man this weird feeling I keep hoping will pass..any advice..I saw my Primary doc on Friday and she suggested taking it every other day so I and skipping today and took a xanax this morning which has helped me relax....just reying to decide to give up or ride this out on Wellbutrin??? Please give me some of your experiences on this drug and I am taking the generic form not the Brand...Thanks Trish

hmmm for me i was anxious on wellbutrin for the first week, then when it started working aka making me happy i stopped being anxious... my advice would be to not take it every other day because 150mg is the starting dose for xl and basically its not effective if you dont take it every day in most people... but id see you should speak with your psychiatrist and either find something else, ask your doc to increase the dose, or take another med to control your panic attacks. hope you get better soon!

I agree that you need to be on it every day. Some of the generics are better than others, so you might ask your doctor about trying another version. If the anxiety gets really bad, you need to call your psychiatrist.

olga

ETA I'm moving this to the antidepressant forum

My advice is to try to tough it out some more. I had some problems with anxiety and problems like you describe in the beginning, but once my body got used to the Wellbutrin, it got better. Now I can't even tell that I take Wellburtin. I take 150 mg SR.

I started on the XR version a few months ago to help me with some lingering depression and the fugue state some of my other meds were causing.

I had some anxiety the first but but then it went away. I upped to 300 mg last week and feel great.

I agree - you shouldn't take ADs every second day if you are trying to get them to work

I don't think every other day with WB is a good idea. I think it's metabolized rather rapidly, IIRC. It's not like prozac where you could totally do that.

Agreed on looking into different generic, and also noting that WB is not for everyone.

Anna

thanksguys for all your comments I am going to stick it out...on the wellbutrin today I am feeling better and more like myself hoping this will pass trying to just breathe tru the anxiety:)

hmmm for me i was anxious on wellbutrin for the first week, then when it started working aka making me happy i stopped being anxious... my advice would be to not take it every other day because 150mg is the starting dose for xl and basically its not effective if you dont take it every day in most people... but id see you should speak with your psychiatrist and either find something else, ask your doc to increase the dose, or take another med to control your panic attacks. hope you get better soon!

Archived