CrazyBoards.org

Am I just lazy and sucky at life?

Hi all,

I have been feeling depressed and unmotivated for about a month now. Went up on a med (Lexapro) and that seems to help some, but I am worried that I am not really depressed but just lazy and a loser. I am out of work as some of you know, and although everyone tells me to volunteer and keep busy, I can't seem to. I am sleeping way too much and basically avoiding almost everything. Is it my fault for being a weak person? Why can't I seem to get it together? I have spent most of the day in bed (I do think I have a bit of a cold) and I am still tired, achy and crying constantly. I feel like my life is in shambles.

Also how do I put my meds and diagnosis at the bottom of the page like everyone here has? Thanks.

Hi all,

I have been feeling depressed and unmotivated for about a month now. Went up on a med (Lexapro) and that seems to help some, but I am worried that I am not really depressed but just lazy and a loser. I am out of work as some of you know, and although everyone tells me to volunteer and keep busy, I can't seem to. I am sleeping way too much and basically avoiding almost everything. Is it my fault for being a weak person? Why can't I seem to get it together? I have spent most of the day in bed (I do think I have a bit of a cold) and I am still tired, achy and crying constantly. I feel like my life is in shambles.

Also how do I put my meds and diagnosis at the bottom of the page like everyone here has? Thanks.

Hi all,

Are you in therapy? Therapy might help and get you out of the houae every once in awhile. You go to your profile, edit profile and go to your signature. I think I did that in the right order lol

Hi all,

Are you in therapy? Therapy might help and get you out of the houae every once in awhile. You go to your profile, edit profile and go to your signature. I think I did that in the right order lol

I meant house and edit profile, change signature.

The symptoms fit with MDD and GAD, it's not surprising to hear you are feeling this way. You have nothing to be ashamed of, but you should tell your pdoc and tdoc how you feel, I suspect your pdoc may offer to increase your dose of lexapro, which may help.

Feeling like I'm lazy and a loser are actually part of depression symptoms for me, along with the rest of it. It's hard to have insight in the thick of depression. Hope you feel better soon and agree you should talk to your treatment team.

Anna

Well, you sound like me. I think it's definitely the meds, or lack of working meds. Don't settle for half-ass meds. You can get by on some meds okay, but you still have to fight through the rain. You need the sun!

Trust me, yournot a loser. That is just what the little depression troll in the back of your mind tells you. But when your depressed, it's never good enough. I was in almost the same situation, feeling like a loser. Not working house terrible, then I got my job back. Little "troll" just went right to the next insufficiency, the house. So then I fixed the house. Little troll then went right to my career, or lack of one... UGH!!! That's when I knew it wasn't really me being a loser, it was the damn troll. He had to go!!!

I think your "troll" has got to take a hike too.

Remember, it's all in your head. Looking at your life through depression is like seeing it through a circus funny mirror. One that always makes everything look like crap!

Jason

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and comisseration. I have called my pdoc and left a message. Hopefully we will be able to sort things out. As for now, I have done almost nothing today and am already exhausted, muscles ache and I just feel done with today already. Sigh. I have a job interview tomorrow and hope I can rally and make a good impression.

I can relate. Fortunately the sadness and hopelessness of depression have been medicated away but the lethargy and anhedonia remain. I'm happy for the first thing but totally frustrated by the latter.

I keep hoping there will be something to perk me up. Until then I muddle through.

malachite27 good luck with the job interview and that you do rally. My job, while not my favorite thing, is at least a reason to get up everyday and drag myself out of the house.

I hope you do well tomorrow.

I get total ahedonia when depressed, I wish to do nothing. A great deal of my energy is invested in tasks I HAVE to do, and so when I'm done, I'm a total mess. Sadly, it just gets like that sometimes.

Fortunately, nobody (now, including myself) tells me I'm lazy for it. They understand I'm ill and going through an episode. And I do know it's my responsibility to get out of it ASAP and my family helps, so like, we get moving on getting it treated, yeah.

Anna

Archived