CrazyBoards.org

If it's not one thing, it's another

I took Paxil, but it didn't work for me. Celexa helped a little, but if Lexapro isn't doing it for you, I'm not sure Celexa will. In general, all the SSRI's are closest to Paxil since Paxil is an SSRI. Have you tried Zoloft and Prozac? Maybe even Luvox could help.

And then there's this thought: Could you go back on Paxil once your wife gets pregnant? In the meantime, you could limp along on some other SSRI such as Lexapro that you're on.

Another thought: Just because the SSRI Paxil worked for you doesn't mean that other drug classes such the SNRI's won't work. Could you consider Effexor, Pristiq, or Cymbalta?

What about Wellbutrin? Then there are the tricyclics if all that fails. You have a lot of options, and I don't think you should limit yourself to something that's "close" to Paxil.

Oh, and Remeron is a sedating antidepressant that is considered very good, but it is not an SSRI. I believe that Paxil is considered the most sedating of the SSRI's or the most sedating after possibly Luvox.

Anyhow, after not being able to have a baby with my wife for 8 years, I started researching meds online and found out all this stuff about Paxil. Apparently, Paxi makes the DNA inside the sperm not form correctly, which leads to miscarraiges and infertility. The biggest shock was, even the fertility doctor didn't know this. My sperm could swim, had a above average quantity, and everything was fine (visually) but after miscarraiges and no baby, I think I finally had figured out why.

Can you quote some credible sources for this? I have NEVER heard this. NEVER.

Just because you read it on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

I'd just get back on Paxil.

<p>Paxil is renowned for not working well the second time. Check out this link...</p>

<p> </p>

<p>'Paxil one of those meds that if you stop taking it and start up again, it won’t work as well as it used to. For some people that includes stopping for just a couple of days, experiencing the hell of SSRI discontinuation syndrome, and then going back on Paxil'</p>

<p><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Meds/PaxilBasicOverview?from=Paxil.Paxil" rel="external" title="External link">http://www.crazymeds...rom=Paxil.Paxil</a></p>

<p> </p>

<p>Id recommend prozac or zoloft. </p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

I'd agree on prozac or zoloft out of the SSRI class.

I think moving on to cymbalta and/or effexor might also give you some relief, possibly. They can be pretty activating and helpful for many.

The trycyclics would be next (with maybe a short trip on rememron) and finally, the MAOIs.

I have never heard this about paxil either, so I'm very surprised, and would be interested in a source also. But, you have maybe screwed yourself by going off paxil anyway, as it IS notorious for not working as well the second time.

Anna

Anyhow, after not being able to have a baby with my wife for 8 years, I started researching meds online and found out all this stuff about Paxil. Apparently, Paxi makes the DNA inside the sperm not form correctly, which leads to miscarraiges and infertility. The biggest shock was, even the fertility doctor didn't know this. My sperm could swim, had a above average quantity, and everything was fine (visually) but after miscarraiges and no baby, I think I finally had figured out why.

Can you quote some credible sources for this? I have NEVER heard this. NEVER.

Just because you read it on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

I'd just get back on Paxil.

I found one tiny study from 2009. They only had 35 subjects, and the researchers themselves described their findings as, "not robust."

Gopurdue28 - you really need to start doing your own fact checking. Doing it for you will quickly grow tiresome. When making statements about alleged research, we pretty much expect people to post links to their sources. Telling us to google something is neither helpful nor convincing.

Is there some reason you aren't having this discussion with your pdoc? Or maybe you are and I'm just not getting that?

Archived