CrazyBoards.org

New thread on hypersexuality?

Yeah, hypersexuality is a big part of my mania too. Lost my virginity to a crazy manic episode. Also picked up a few sugar daddies (and lost the) along the way. Not to mention hooked up with strangers. I always go after older men. One time I even hopped on a plane and got myself living with an old guy who had a kid, so he could take care of me in exchange for sex.

Normally, I don't even like sex. Thanks mania!

Guest Vapourware

My hypersexuality was much more tamer...it basically involved bonking my then-partner like a rabbit. He loved it, although I wore him out often because I would demand sex from him all the time.

Oh yes. I spent most of 2009 in what I now believe to be a manic episode (not officially dx'd yet) and fucked easily 20 guys in that period of time, cheating on my husband. I've only been hypomanic a couple of times since then, but the hypersexuality hasn't come back.

I don't experience hypersexuality myself, but I do wonder this:

Me and my pdoc figured out that my hypomania often have the same themes, which are my self image and a sudden change of career into the creative arts. During 'normal' mood periods, I still have doubts now and then about my career and if I should get a more creative job. This simply explodes when I go hypomanic and I make radical decisions. I wonder if it works the same way with hypersexuality in some way?

i haven't been dxed BP, though i've been wondering about it for a while. I do get phases i would call mania, and yes, they involve hypersexuality. last time (a few weeks ago) i hooked up with a much older guy, my cousin's dealer, and a stranger (which resulted in a pregnancy scare) in one weekend, under various forms of inebriation. when not manic, i'm not a substance abuser, and rarely hook up randomly.

Yes I have had/have problems with this. In the end I had to draw a line and leave that life behind, which includes not really talking about it. Partly for shame and partly because I worry if I focus on it too much I will slip back.

Altopower_thanks for your honesty. From what I've read it is not unusual for a bipolar person to have over 500+ partners in their life. i've done the same as you-i'm wayyyyyy in the triple digits. So we're not alone. Or bad people.

@notfred-I'm so very sorry you were hurt by infidelity. I do not excuse the behavior. There isn't one. The only explanation I can offer is that trying to harness the hypersexuality is not unlike trying to stop a runaway freight train w/ saran wrap. There is no self control, and (at least I did this) I've reasoned away that I was doing anything wrong. In my case, I was going for a greater good. Surely my husband would understaand that after I could show him all the "good" I had done. OMG, I truly believed that. Really.

Titania-I understand you don't wanna talk about it. I hope you are overcoming it sucessfully.

Samma-yes iit is quite similar (to me at least)

And thank you all to the others that posted! This is a hard subject

My hypersexuality was much more tamer...it basically involved bonking my then-partner like a rabbit. He loved it, although I wore him out often because I would demand sex from him all the time.

You know the saying......the crazy chicks are the best in the sack......

I definetly have had this problem in the past have ever tried to remember not the names to me that would be impossible, I mean what they look like and how many, what were the circumstances when I was in the army Iwoke with so many wives and some of them were absolutely scary looking I look now and thats all I definetly dont have any desire to cheat on my wife I wonder if I had known that I was bypolar back in those day's would I be commiting now

Oh yes... even with birth control I ended up pregnant, my ex boyfriend also is bipolar so go figure....we were like bunnies, every day every waking hour we spent alone ended up with us in bed, I don't know in retrospective if it was love or just mania but we were very happy until I got preggers...after that I did have some episodes, then celibate for years (mainly because my libido died) now I'm trying to bring the "spark" back but haven't found anyone worth, I do regret some guys I was with...but what's done it's done....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By braindeadbedhead
      This is a long shot, but I figure I can't be the only one who has ever had this thought. Is there a way to induce a state that includes the productivity/happiness of mania - without all the extra bullshit? 😅
      Mania is better than any drug, the euphoria is incomparable. Every time I skip a few days of sleep, feel an increase in energy, or anything that might be the beginning of an episode, I think - ''Please let this be the onset of the best feeling in the world. I can't do this shit anymore''. I feel so guilty admitting to that, because I know that being manic and being functional are generally not compatible. I also don't ever want to end up in hospital again, because that never fails to be a de-humanizing experience.
      I have not had any symptoms of mania since my last hospital admission, three whole years ago. It was the first and only manic episode that I've ever had, and it lasted for about three months. I feel like I could have avoided hospital completely if I had experienced mania without the accompanying psychosis. If I could just achieve that level of elation without:
      rapid speech word-salad delusional beliefs dangerously impulsive acts (e.g. jumping out of a car on the highway because the sky looked beautiful and I wanted a loser look) I look back on those ugly symptoms and I could never cope with them now. I go to college full-time, I work, and I have so much to lose if I lost the ability to communicate with others and behave safely. On the other hand - my life just feels so damn gray and stagnant; I miss feeling invincible. 
    • By ThisGuy
      Hi! So I'll start with history, I guess. I have always liked drinking. It helped with anxiety. The drinking started to get really bad after the loss of two family members within several months. It got unmanageable after taking care of my dad through hospice until the day he passed. That was a couple months after the last family member I lost. The drinking continued through the next year as I had bad depression. In the middle of that year I lost two more family members. The drinking continued. Blacking out often. Hiding bottles from the wife. Taking a couple of shots at lunch until I could get home. At this time I also started having hypersexuality issues. Having a really hard time concentrating on work daydreaming about sex and the reckless encounters I had trying to fulfill the need for sex. No matter how much sex I had I was in need of more within a half hour. On my last visit to the docs to renew my Lexapro 20mg prescription, I let him know that my depression was getting worse so he gave me bupropion xl 300mg. Within a week and a half my craving for sex and drinking went away. I didn't tell the doc about my issues because I was to embarrassed.
      Can anyone explain why the bupropion helped? Does this mean anything in relation to dopamine and my issues? Does this fall under any illness category?
      Thank you in advance for your polite and insightful thoughts!
    • By rowan77
      I live in Ireland an have just returned from a 10 day trip in the U.S (Massachusetts....crossed 5 time zones). Despite being awake for 36 hours I am far from tired. I'm alert and busy and haven't been able to relax since I got home this morning. I'm starting to have racing thoughts and am becoming really restless and a bit irritable. 
      Anyone else experience this???? Don't want to develop full blown mania.....I am a bit worried!!
    • By mmaryland
      I am 22 y/o and have filed for SSI twice. The first time I got denied I didn't appeal within 60 days so I had to apply all over again. Now I am going through to extensive appeal process and no lawyer seems to want to help me. They claim since I am young, I almost need to have schizophrenia or an autistic/spectrum disorder to be able to actually be approved and get benefits otherwise it is going to be very hard to get SSI. Now here are some of the facts of my case. I was fired from my job last November due to "no call, no show" because I was in a bipolar depressive episode where I literally didn't leave my room but maybe 5x to make a microwave meal and shower once. This episode lasted a little bit shy of 2 weeks. So for my 3 no call, no shows I was terminated from my job at University. I asked if they would accept a physician's note explaining my circumstances but the manager actually refused documentation, saying "No it's not necessary, I don't need that". She also said that I should have called and at least have told her what was going on so she knew I couldn't come in, but let's be real guys, doing that during a severe bipolar depressive episode is like writing a PhD dissertation in less than a day. So I applied for unemployment and get a denial letter saying I am denied benefits of $50/week because they contacted my former employer and was told I was terminated for misconduct. So that was the end of that.
      I had applied for SSI last year around August I would say and was denied 1st time. Re-applied December and got denial letter again, this time on Feb. 8th stating "your conditions are not severe enough for you not to work. You are capable of substantial gainful activity". Yet on my listed disabilities I listed epilepsy (reoccurring grand-mal seizures), bipolar disorder NOS,  insomnia NOS, ADHD, generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks, manic episodes, social anxiety disorder, delayed sleep phase syndrome, and listed all the medications I was on and how some of them has side effects that were impairing themselves. Has anyone here who is young actually gotten approved for SSI benefits? If so, how many times did it take for you to finally get approved and did you use a lawyer to help you through the process? Also, if you don't mind, what conditions/disabilities did you report to them that you believed qualified you for SSI or SSDI? I can't apply for SSDI because I don't have enough work credits so I can only apply for SSI. This whole process kinda sucks and is difficult especially for people with disabilities. So frustrating.