CrazyBoards.org

Just changed my dosage of Abilify fom 5 to 10 mg. How long does it take to feel the effects of the new dose. 5mg worked at first and then

petered out. I'm hoping that 10 mg will do the trick. Anyone else have any experiences with this?

I don't know what you're taking it for. I was taking mine for paranoia and mood issues and at first, yeah, 5mg did the trick, but after a while I just got depressed as hell again and they upped it to 10mg. That started working for me within a week, I'd say. YMMV. Now I'm up to 15mg, I don't know why anymore. It was to help with the side effects of another med I was on, but now I'm off that med and still have the increased dose of Abilify. I love my Abilify.

I hope it helps you as much as it's helped me.

It usually takes like a week-two weeks for me to feel effects of a dosage change from abilify, but that's just me, others may differ. I'm on 25mg right now, felt the change of 20 to 25 pretty quickly. Hope it helps you as much as it's been helping me, good luck!

I stepped up from 5 mg to 10 mg and it appears I'll stay at 10 mg for the long haul. It seems to be doing the trick. I'm taking it with trileptal to stabilize my moods, stop cycling, depression etc. It's been a great combo for me. I didn't immediately experience any real moment of "wow, it's kicking in" just a subtle shift away from suicidal thoughts and desire to self abuse to feeling relatively stable.

I have limited experience since I just recently started it, but I'll share with you what has happened so far. At first I was taking 2 mg which didn't help me much, and last Sunday, I increased that to 5 mg. Within 3 days of upping my dose I began to feel it working.

<p>The good news is, you are still on a very low dose of abilify. This means your dr can keep increasing the dose, if necessary. I have, in the past, been on 90mg/daily, as has a close friend of mine. Are you taking it for Schizophrenia or Bipolar disorder? Normally the dose for the latter is much smaller.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I would expect you would see some improvement quite quickly. within days. Abilify tends to work pretty fast,</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

Archived