CrazyBoards.org

Dreams being my flashbacks

IDK if anyone else gets the anxiety provoking dreams that I get but there not crisp crystal clear images of my trauma in 05 there just scabbles pictures of when I thought I died and was at the Judgment. You know to come to think of it. I may have died and God gave me a second chance. I have never seen the records where they took me to the hostpital So IDK. I just know that I have bad dreams almost every night now and I have to take a Klonopin in the morning just to get by.

Sometimes the mind processes trauma experienced IRL in dreams. The symbolism used in these dreams can get pretty out there and weird, which may be where this dying and judgement thing is coming in.

Sometimes they are not flashbacks of the direct experiences, but more a vehicle for the emotional content and repercussions.

For us, because I wasn't around for the abuse I don't remember it (or they're not my memories) so I don't get the "here's what happened" in dreams. But I do get the pain, terror, and sadness shown through other ways (usually I need to protect something, and fail).

Oh ok I see. Ya I wake up with this provoking anxiety that disturbes my whole day. Now I havn't been diagnosed with PTSD but when you believe that ppl are going to chop you up and eat you it's pretty traumatizing. My doc doesn't spend enough time with me to really get it thru his head that I have been thru trauma. I just know I have.

Archived