CrazyBoards.org

anxiety and memory

i was just wondering if anyone else with anxiety problems also have difficulty remembering things. sometimes i do but i usually can't remember what happened last week unless someone reminds me. maybe its cause im constantly worrying and am anxious about damn near everything. i experience derealization all the time. in fact i had a dream last night where it was so bad i couldn't tell if i was awake or dreaming, IN my dream. so i dunno. i hate this feeling.

even if i take my adhd meds i have a hard time remembering what i did...but maybe its cause nothing really has happened since i moved back and got a new car. that would make sense right? i can't remember every detail in a dull day...

My tdoc says that I probably have an anxiety disorder, so I'm gonna weigh in. My memory, both short-term and long-term is horrible. I also cut and detach as a result of my cutting, and that leaves holes in my memory too, but I know exactly what you mean. Of course, as Eden said, memory issues are a general bit of MI, so who knows? :/

Archived