CrazyBoards.org

Married Whit Male Seeks the Perfect Little Pill

Can you take ssri's, just not paxil? Some or more energizing than others, but I'm not sure which ones. I take lexapro for anxiety. It makes me sleepy so I take it at night.

Another ad I take, that is activating, is wellbutrin, but I don't know how it works for anxiety.

I like to have info on meds, but I also like to hear what my pdoc suggests. I was resistant to taking any ad because I thought I might go manic, but my pdoc convinced me to try and it's helped.

Antidepressants tend to affect different people differently. Many people feel that Paxil makes them tired, sleepy or drugged. It's so individual that it's impossible to say anything.

We all would like to find an AD with the characteristics you describe. The most what you will get here is people stating what a particular antidepressant has done for them. I've had some luck with Celexa which is similar to Paxil, but that doesn't mean that you will. For some reason, I remember that you tried Lexapro. Celexa is basically a diluted Lexapro. The only AD that most people agree doesn't cause them to be tired or drugged is Wellbutrin. But that does not mean that it is the best AD for you. It doesn't help with social anxiety.

I suggest that you talk to your doctor about this. Tell your doctor that you had luck with Paxil and that you would like something to help you similarly.

If you have Bipolar Disorder, it's very important to be stable on another drug that acts as a moodstabilizer before trying an antidepressant. Just a friendly reminder. Antidepressants can make things considerably worse, and do the opposite of what they're supposed to do without a moodstabilizer on board. I know this from experience.

I have no idea what is similar to Paxil. SSRI's work in similar ways, so really you need to go through the trial and error process.

I've had some good luck with Wellbutrin. It doesn't make me feel sedated or sleepy, mostly I just feel like me. I've been realllly depressed before and many other antidepressants didn't cut it or if they did I was a walking zombie. Wellbutrin not only pulls me out of the depression, but it allows me to be myself again without that overmedicated feel. I'd ask about it. Just a thought. :)

Archived