CrazyBoards.org

I'm curious....how quickly would a change in Lamictal dosage take effect? I mean, in general? Is it one of those drugs that takes a couple of weeks to really make a difference? Or would a couple of days at a new dose (or forgetting to take it) be noticable?

I ask because to me it seems like a couple of days *does* make a difference, but I'm not sure if it's just a placebo type of effect.

There have been a couple of times when I've not taken my meds for a couple of days, which resulted in a downward swing.

And now that my doc increased my dosage last week, I went from feeling pretty down to feeling really happy. (Not sure if it's *too* happy yet.)

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts about this, I'd appreciate it!

When I was titrating Lamictal, it seemed that it took a week for me to feel anything other than side effects (anxiety, mood swings). After a week, the side effects calmed down, and I began to feel something real.

I take Lamictal for depression. While titrating up, I reached a dosage where I felt great. Unfortunately, based on theoretical concerns about my carbamazepine, I continued to titrate up past it and then I lost the effect. I should have been keeping a journal of how I felt at different dosages, but I didn't and so Lamictal has pretty much been a failure for me.

Everybody is differnt; it might be a couple of days or a couple weeks, or a slight increase may have no noticeable effect at all. It just varies so much from person to person. Also, the effects may be positive or negative. At any rate it's not at all uncommon to see changes within a couple days.

I am under the impression that a lot of people who use lamictal (myself included) have kind of bumpy rides as they titrate up. They feel better for a few days, then much worse, then activated. But eventually, for those for whom it works, people find the right dose for them, and love it. I really like Lamictal, but we keep having to bump it up. I have a lot of room left to go up, though.

Archived