CrazyBoards.org

Lost it...

anon34

I've been going through a very painful divorce like breakup. I saw some things on ex's facebook page that hit me like a wave. Next thing I know I'm bawling my eyes out and reaching for the nearest "tool". Carved into the 2 cuts on my leg that had healed from last weeks relapse. What I am going through is so difficult, I get to the point of crying so hard that I can't breathe, and the cutting makes me feel comforted and better as crazy as that sounds. This is so hard. :'(

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time,

Can you try to avoid looking at your ex's facebook page?

I know how hard that is, I do it too sometimes, but try your best cause I can imagine that would be really triggering for you.

(:

Have you thought about setting up your facebook so that you either have him blocked, or can't see his stuff in your newsfeed? I know you probably are ambivalent about that, but sometimes it's best to avoid triggers for a while if you're having a tough time.

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time. Can you think of anything you could do to comfort yourself or put off cutting at least for a little while? I'd encourage you to check out the pinned lists of alternatives at the top of this sub-forum. Some are really good, some not so much, but there are definitely things worth trying in there.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

The above suggestions are good. I have to add: is there anyone you could call who could help you through this? I know when you're in the heat of the moment you probably don't want to talk to anyone, but is there anyone you could call now, whilst you're feeling more rational, just to rant or whatever?

I hope you find something that helps you through. I understand that it's really tough.

N

The above suggestions are good. I have to add: is there anyone you could call who could help you through this? I know when you're in the heat of the moment you probably don't want to talk to anyone, but is there anyone you could call now, whilst you're feeling more rational, just to rant or whatever?

I hope you find something that helps you through. I understand that it's really tough.

N

There's one lady I work with that was an ex cutter that I could call and talk to, to everyone else my relapses have been a secret...I have had some good friends to talk with about the other things that Im feeling, like suicidal thoughts and what not so that helps...I hate it when I get so bad, crying so hard that I can't speak that I feel the need to cut. It's like I'm stuck in my own crazy dark world...

As far as the facebook thing, I had similar issues with an ex. Don't know if you've tried this but I clicked "hide" on his newsfeed posts so I never saw it. I eventually became so crazy that I deleted myself from facebook because the whole thing in general drove me nuts. It wasn't just his page, it was our mutual friends, etc.

I haven't self-injured in years but I know stuff like that really brings back strong urges.

I feel for you. Wish there was somethin' we could do for you. I know it's not easy at all.

Archived