CrazyBoards.org

Two nuts living together..is it possible?

I am schizoaffective and my husband had depression and schizoid personality disorder. He killed himself almost 3 weeks ago.

We were together for 3 years, married for almost 2. Our wedding anniversary is tomorrow.

You might be tired of hearing this, but I am so sorry. I can't even imagine. I hope you find all of the strength you need.

I am schizoaffective and my husband had depression and schizoid personality disorder. He killed himself almost 3 weeks ago.

We were together for 3 years, married for almost 2. Our wedding anniversary is tomorrow.

I am sorry too, that is huge and can't begin to imagine how hard that it is. Stay strong! My thoughts are seriously with you.

My boyfriend a few years ago had drug indued depression and major OCD issues we only made it 6 months which ended in him trying to kill me when i tried ending the relationship, so not so good. I personally think he had anti social personality disorder but who knows. It was a turbulent and abusive relationship so i am now glad it is over but was quite hard for a few months. I was diagnosed with some sort of bipolar i think back then.

Wow, I'm terribly sorry to hear that. My condulgences to you, and I hope that you are seeking the help and support that you need right now.

My husband has OCD and I have BP. Together we make some interesting kids, lol. Seriously though, we've been married for 15 years and we are doing pretty well I think. That involves therapy, meds, lots of talking to each other... but it's doable.

kittyloaf I am so sorry I dont know what to say except stay strong. did notice anything different in the way he was acting had he brought the suicide up before it happened wee there any indicaters my wife has been on AD's for a couple of years now and she swears she doesnt need them but she hasnt stopped taking them and for the most part she seems alright again I'm terribly sorry

Two nuts does not mean any one outcome. Just as our illnesses are a part of us rather than defining us, the same is true of relationships. There are advantages like awareness and understanding, and the flip side when you are not in a place to support each other, but they have no more bearing between two MI people than two "normies" having the same sh*t to deal with. Nobody is any more to blame, sometimes our best isn't enough, but you can't choose who you fall for any more than you can make the earth stop turning. We have to learn to accept things as they are, or life can become too difficult, and anyway, why do we have to shoulder all the burden? We all have choices to make, and feeling bad about them is pointless once they are made. We can learn, but we can't go back. Sorry, ramble over... :)

WOW I'm so impressed and sad at the sime ....

People around me recommand we should not live togheter, that it's better to have our own space. At my age and considering I can't have any children, and could not manage to stay with someone more then 7 years ( big record!!! and not even with guys having MI) it would propably be a good idea to live apart, maybe the problem is me after all! :wall::surprised:

I know as someone said we can't live in the past but....

I was asking this question also because a long time ago when I was young slim and beautiful!!!...

I was in a relationship and we were very in love, but one day I told him I thought I was pregnent and he wanted me to have an obortion...See, he was BP, and at that time I did not know I was... And he was realy clear on one point, he would never have children. I did not understoud all the knock-on effect of the illness, but he knew. Later on I found out I was not pregnent, but I felt betrayed, so I left (impuslive me...)

He now has a beautiful little girl with the woman who stoud by his side from that day on. I realy admire here because he went throw difficult times, depression, suicidal periods....She was there for him, I'm not sure I would of be able to do the same because my condition got worse with the years.

The big desapointment in this story is that I can't even have any children!

He now knows that i'm BP, medicated and on disability and he is medicated and can only work part-time.

Thanks to all of you for sharing :)

Archived