CrazyBoards.org

Can't I come here for help!

I don't understand why someone would tell me you can't post here unless your going to get therapy. I had a very traumatizing experience and I have sympathy for those who have to. I just didn't realize back in 05 how messed up I was until I sobered up and realize that the world is not fair and I want to do my best to get better. I have called Oaktree counseling and there setting up an appt to go in and see a therapist so I'm taking your guy's advice. I just find it really troubling the more I go without the help I need the more harder it gets to get better. I know that my life will never be the same. The physical and emotional pain that I felt left shock waves in my life that I will feel until I die. I want so badly to help ppl and when you get kicked when your down it hurts. I just need support in this time.

It's on the other topic I wrote in the PTSD room. I don't think they where trying to be rude. I guess they thought I wasn't helping myself and inturn there help would be useless because I would take it with a grain of salt. I actually came here to bind together with ppl would have been thru some what of the same things I have. I do believe this [person had the best intentions and I hope no body is offended. I just want to help and get help. Daniel!

There you posted and the sky didn't fall. :)

Not everyone is in therapy. I'm not. If I had to guess, it would be that the majority of our members aren't. Though, like me, many have probably had therapy for a while and improved by it!

Thing is, PTSD is one of those things that, if it is screwing up your life, then obviously it is beyond your ability to solve yourself without some outside help. a.m.

Guest Vapourware

I think you have completely misread people. No-one in the other thread said that you can't post on CB unless you get therapy. What people said was that if you have had a traumatic experience, then therapy is the best way of getting treated so you can move on. Which is a fair enough point, IMO. Trauma is best resolved through therapy - all the medication in the world won't solve trauma issues.

People on CB can try and help you but our help is limited because firstly, we are a peer support site and secondly, the vast majority of us aren't trained therapists.

I think the people in the other thread were primarily saying three things:

• Therapy is the best way to resolve trauma;
  • A therapist can do a lot more for you than can anonymous people on the Internet (which is different than saying that you need to see a therapist to be helped here); and,
  • You need to resolve your trauma before you can really help others.

Archived