CrazyBoards.org

I have had MDD for 28 years, been on meds for about 20. I can't remember feeling this hopeless and helpless in a long time. Everything is gray, there is no color in my world. At least I'm not totally numb yet, and I'm still somewhat functional. I'm on a med cocktail of Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Abilify, and Ativan. Not sure what, if any, changes can be made. I really think it's all situational and the meds are doing all they can given my current life circumstances. I just wish I felt better, and I wish the color would come back. I miss it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so "grey" i'm going through the same way of thinking right now, too. We just have to hold it together, get any support that we can. And, i also agree talking to your pdoc about it, i'm sure that he/she will be able to help you in the best way possible. just don't give up.

I'm so sorry, Dawn. I know how you feel. Remember that you have gotten through this before, and you can get through it again. Now, you have more coping skills, more ways to outsmart it. Definitely a therapist might help. Even if you think it's situational, you could contact your pdoc for a med shift perhaps.

I've lived in a grey world and in a number grey world and in a psychotic, numb, grey world. No fond memories.

Regardless of the situational aspects, work with your pdoc. Your meds aren't working. There should be color if nothing else. There are other antipsychotics with antidepressant qualities besides Abilify. Or, perhaps more Abilify. Dunno. That's what you need to work out with your pdoc. Call for next available appointment and describe your world as you have here.

A tdoc would definitely be a bonus regarding the situational stuff.

If you can remember a colorful time before the present you're doing good. The tricky thing is our memories are state based, if you are depressed you are most likely to pull up memories laid down when you were previously depressed.

From my experience I would say the two most effective antidepressants have been Wellbutrin ... and time.

Carry On.

Archived