CrazyBoards.org

Hi Everyone

I've just started to take Invega (though I'm still on Abilify till I build up Invega in my system) and would like to know your experiences with weight gain on this Antipsychotic. Can you tell me your experiences with weight gain on Invega and how many milligrams you took? It would be good to know how long you took Invega and how much weight you gained. I'd also like to know if you didn't gain any weight. Also, have you managed to loose weight on Invega and how you went about it?

Many thanks for any replies.

Clownfish

• 2 weeks later...

I was on invega, its a really good drug for anxiety. I was on 3 mg for about a year and then 6 for a litle bit until the doc switched it out for seroquel

While on it I gained about 30 pounds. I was able to lose some weight too through diet and exercise, so its totally possible to get/stay in shape on invega if you are vigilant about your health and exercise. The thing about invega is that it sometimes gives you the sensation of 'MUST PUT FOOD IN MOUTHHH' even though your not hungry or might have just eaten a short while ago.

Buy the richard simmons dvd "boogie down the pounds" or disco sweat or sweatin to the oldies 3 and do it every day and you shouldn't notice any weight gain. They're fun an they help you stay/get in shape.

Also raw fruits and vegitables are very good for you. Fruit smoothies can be easily made at home with a blender or juicer or whatever they call them too. Mixing different fruits and berrys, its fun! And yummy not to mention. And good for you too.

Sorry to go off on a health tangent but i've struggled with my weight so i know what its like.

• 2 weeks later...

I took invega for 3 weeks (9 mg) and gained 3 pounds in short order. I could not stop eating and obsessing about food and eating. I sneaked food, I hid too eat. I ate 3 breakfasts. Ugh. Ironically, I had less appetite on Zyprexa than Invega, so I'm back on Z.

Archived