CrazyBoards.org

So I have been on Saphris for about 2 months and I sort of hate it. I hate how groggy I feel in the morning when I wake up, and how for the rest of the day I feel like I am in this deep fog.

Does anyone else take Saphris have these same feelings? When I take it, I find that I need about 10 hours of sleep, otherwise I will be sluggish at work. It knocks me out like a hard punch to the face.

So for the past few days I haven't' been taking it because of the side affects. I love how I can wake up in the morning without feeling like I am in a dense fog. But, the voices are becoming loader and more demanding the longer I am off of it. I guess I wish there was a middle ground, where I can take the medication without feeling so sluggish and foggy when I wake up.

I was just rx'd Saphris (on it for 3 days now) and it seems to be working well other than the taste of course and the increase in restless leg issues. No major side effects so far, but I am wondering about the cost... Haven't filled the Rx yet, where is the cheapest place to get it ( I do have ins coverage)?

If you have insurance coverage, your copay should be the same anywhere.

That said, some insurances are giving major grief over Saphris, due to its utterly INSANE COST. I had to get not just an override, but something HIGHER, I think, by my pdoc, indicating I had failed x amount of AAPs, and why he was prescribing it. And my copay was 40 bucks, when usually the highest is 20. Not sure why, since I quit saphris I never investigated it.

If you have to pay for it out of pocket, well generally the cheapest places are like Costco's and Sam's (you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy, by law) but still expect it to cost like over 1 k. Or something insane like that. It's price is.... beyond crazy.

Anna

Would people recommend Saphris? I can start it tomorrow, but I am on 800mg seroquel so it would be combined with that, a low dose of Saphris. I've reacted badly to all other atypicals. Does it have many side effects? Sedating, heart, hunger, dizziness, akathisia? Just not sure if I want to try like 5mg with my Seroquel. Is it a wonder drug, or just another hyped new drug with just as bad side effects as all the others? I can't help but be wary.... scared.

no trying new meds is never fun. But if you never try, you never find out if it will be beneficial. 5 m.g. is a fairly low dose to start, if you are taking it once a day.

The nice thing about the AAPs is they tend to work quickly/give side effects rapidly (if they are going to) so maybe it won't be as destabilizing as you think.

I always try to have a back up plan for trying new meds now.

Anna

Hi everyone, this is my first post as I am a new member..!

I am currently on saphris.. started a week ago. Prior to saphris I was on seroquel... i absolutely HATED seroquel.. too me it embodied the closest thing to being a zombie. Since switching to saphris, I feel like I'm getting back to being a functioning human being. I've only been on it for a week, but the effects on my end are wonderful. The first 3-4 days were rough, as my body was adjusting but they have worn off. I'd have trouble waking up and feel super groggy, but once I got going it wore off unlike seroquel which kept me in a perpetual fog. Now I fall asleep fairly quickly and sleep well, but I'm able to get up and get going in the morning.The only side effect I've noticed is some muscle soreness... But this past week has been great. I'm hoping it continues to improve. I'm upping my dose later this week, so well see

Thanks. Like you, Anna, I need the sedation. I'm glad there are some positive reports. I think I will try it sometime soon. I guess it's a week of hell to find out if it will work. If not, back on the old meds. It seems like a promising drug. (Apart from the hellish taste I keep hearing about!!).

Hi, I posted something somewhere yesterday but have no clue which thread. At any rate I'm new, I've been on Saphris for 5 days. I have had extreme restless leg movement for hours after taking the small evening dose. Last night was the first night I have been able to control it.... before, the liquid calcium/magnesium supplement I was taking for it (1/2 hour after dose)didn't help much... I'm delighted to say that it worked beautifully last night and I could sleep. I have also begun to feel better emotionally. I feel like a human being who can stand on my own two feet, I can set reasonable limits with a difficult teenager, and I almost think I will be in the same mood 10 mins from now. I am off my antidepressant too, and feel better, not irritable. I'm hopeful and I feel a general sense of well-being... Hang in there folks because maybe saphris side effects wear off with time.

I started saphris literally last night. I cut my 5mg into 2 equal bits. hands super dry with a new pill cutter. I'm terrified every time i try a new med. so I wanted to start this one s-l-o-w-ly.

Saph will take the place (eventually) of lexapro and seroquel. I am still taking seroquel and will start tapering off in a week or so

I took it way too late (about 10 pm) and woke up feeling like keith richards looks. on a bad day.

couple cups of coffee and a provigil later (about 45min) I feel much better still jack sparrowish though.

i do feel much better than I thought i would. I had a 'almost' fired moment at work on fri. which will be unresolved come monday/tues and I am not nearly as overwhelmed with it as ysesterday.

HO much are you taking? When did th restless leg thing happen?

and , if you don't mind me asking, what else are you taking with it?

You can answer all this off list if you would rather,

thanks and good luck to you!

btw: I mistyped the word "so" and it looked liked "Ho"

just a typo

nothing personal

lol

I've been on Saphris for a while now. Tell me, is anyone else getting light headed through out the day? Like short bursts? Its possible it dropped my blood pressure a bit. I may check tomorrow. Or its possible its just an effect of the drug since Saphris is EXTREMELY HIGH CONCENTRATED. If you didn't already know that. And as my doctors have told me its a very powerful drug.

Also note, one thing I think all of us should be doing is drinking lots and lots of water. Because the drug is so high concentrated it needs to pump through our body. So thats what I've been doing. Any acne (as someone mentioned earlier) seemed to go away thanks to simply drinking lots of water throughout the day.

One thing I've noticed though is I've been clenching my teeth in my sleep and making the left side of my jaw suuuuper sore. Possibly a side effect? Or maybe just my GAD. If anyone else is experiencing this give me a heads up! Thanks :)

Upon further thought I think I've been on the drug for about 5 months give or take. I order 10mg and cut them in half to save on the price. That way I make them last longer. So for example, if I have 100 pills mail ordered and I cut them all in half, I have 200 pills of 5mg. So yay on saving money. Though hopefully I won't have to up the dosage to 10mg (fingers crossed!).

So far symptoms are few. Get use to sleeping 10 hours a night. Your body wants it anyways. And a full nights rest means a fantastic day the next day. Or at least I would think so though I've other things I battle with...

Best of luck mates! :D

You really want to check with the pharmacist about cutting those instant dissolve tablets. I've been told not to cut zydis/expose it to air as it degrades the active ingredient? You might be getting symptoms from inconsistent dosing patterns, it is worth a quick check. I've also heard the medication can be dispersed less evenly throughout the pill as well.

Anna

I started saphris literally last night. I cut my 5mg into 2 equal bits. hands super dry with a new pill cutter. I'm terrified every time i try a new med. so I wanted to start this one s-l-o-w-ly.

Saph will take the place (eventually) of lexapro and seroquel. I am still taking seroquel and will start tapering off in a week or so

I took it way too late (about 10 pm) and woke up feeling like keith richards looks. on a bad day.

couple cups of coffee and a provigil later (about 45min) I feel much better still jack sparrowish though.

i do feel much better than I thought i would. I had a 'almost' fired moment at work on fri. which will be unresolved come monday/tues and I am not nearly as overwhelmed with it as ysesterday.

HO much are you taking? When did th restless leg thing happen?

and , if you don't mind me asking, what else are you taking with it?

You can answer all this off list if you would rather,

thanks and good luck to you!

btw: I mistyped the word "so" and it looked liked "Ho"

just a typo

nothing personal

lol

Hi there... the restless legs... I've had forever... they became so much worse the night I started Saphris. After 7 days on 2.5mg I now think I hate Saphris... I have painful edema, especially in my right leg, I'm overactivated and very anxious all day. Today is the worst and it seems to be getting worse day by day. I've heard it can be activating for some folks and I might be one of the lucky ones. I had such high hopes. My midsection is very bloated so it's difficult now to sit comfortably. I haven't started my period, which is one of the side effects, and now I'm having a hot flash.... lovely. I have a call in to the pdoc but I'm thinking I'll stop the med. I also take Trileptal and Lorazepam... I tend to be a raging b***h. :) ~ Megan

Thanks megant. I agree. I do not like saphris. I took it 3 times and had scary night paralysis. and it has been in those three days HIGHLY activating for me. like i can't stop talking and want to do stuff for people I just met in the store because i went up to them and admired their purse,hair clothes what the hellever. panic attack muchas

my head is full of little birds. also the ones flying around in a circle around my head like on cartoons. not taking this any more. EVER. just feel like my head is going to explode from all the effing movement, ideas, songs, bits of conversations etc.

anti anx. tabs dont seem to be working but hey, maybe they are and I would be actiing/feeling worse than i do now. this is not a fun type of hypmania sort of thing. well, fun in a sense that they are fun at the t ime. lol

called pdoc. informed him of my decision to not take the saphris and that i was supremely agitated and "activated' (just add water right? haha) I SOOO miss my old pdoc.

I get hungry but cant eat, gotta move. I built a GD'ed sidewalk last night out of cool stones found around my property.

Think I might call again tomorrow or see if I can get someone to chase me down and dart me with thatever that stuff is that they used on Wild Kingdom when ;I was a kid. .,. skip the eartag tho'

I was just rx'd Saphris (on it for 3 days now) and it seems to be working well other than the taste of course and the increase in restless leg issues. No major side effects so far, but I am wondering about the cost... Haven't filled the Rx yet, where is the cheapest place to get it ( I do have ins coverage)?

30 mins after taking my dose of saphris, i take a liquid calcium supplement... stops my restless leg thing like a dream.

Archived