CrazyBoards.org

Knowing it's coming

I'm starting to have some tell tale signs of an upcoming manic episode. Extreme agitation. Feelings of persecution and paranoia. These usually occur about two days before a manic episode. The anticipation is killing me. I don't want another manic episode. I just want to be stable. anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you deal with it?

Call your doctor immediately and ask for some PRN meds and a med appointment.

I have a crisis plan that is usually in place for when I feel an episode coming on: a set of meds I start/increase dosages of, then immediately call my pdoc for an appointment.

For me, mania is like a snowball rolling downhill, the faster I catch it, the better off I am. This is why I developed a crisis plan with meds.

It's great that you can tell when one is coming, the next step is to do things to avoid its arrival.

Anna

Call your pdoc-you could probably do with an AAP right about now.

Although I have to ask...how long have you been on the Lamictal? Some people find it activating at low doses. But again, an AAP is likely to help you get past that.

I just updated my sig. Up to 200mg on the lamictal. Been on it for just under two months

Archived