CrazyBoards.org

When I first had a psychotic break, I ran from my parents. I felt like there was a small child in me, pulling my adult self. I couldn't speak, but I could write. I felt like I was 2 people in one body.

I've dissociated where I could see myself from above, but this is slightly different because I wasn't separate.

I only told one professional about this, a tdoc. He seemed interested and asked how old the child was and I told him around 5 or 6. I could feel them at about my belly level. I told my sister and she said that's what bipolar is like, before I was dx.

I think it's a delusion of some sort, but I don't know what. There is another post about somatic delusions and I thought maybe that was it, but when I googled it said more about thinking there is something wrong medically, like you have skin parasites. But, that's what made me think of it.

I once thought I had DID because that's what messages I received told me, but I don't have any symptoms. I don't lose time or anything.

how long was it before you returned to your parents? it does sound like a dissociative experience. what was going on at home when you ran? i'm wondering if there was a triggering event. not traumatizing per se, but something that triggers extreme emotion (like i can't stand when people are angry and yelling at each other, unless i know it won't escalate). i can't speak to how it would relate to psychosis however, maybe someone else can be of help.

This happened when I was 39. My parents decided I shouldn't be around my kids after I had a psychotic break so they and my husband agreed that they should take me from Southern to Northern California where they live. On the trip I was writing to my mother. At one point she told me to stop and I started getting scared they were going to keep me away from my family forever. So, when we stopped at one point, I refused to get back in the car. Then I ran to a mini-mart and had them call the police to keep my parents away from me. The police came and took me to a county mental hospital.

When I was running I felt like it wasn't me. That I was just going along. like I was being told what to write.

I don't want to get myself going in circles trying to make sense of delusions that don't make sense. There are just so many things that I thought were unique to me that I've found out are more common, I thought maybe someone could relate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Adolf
      "Best" as in being effective with fewer side effects. Which ones were the best for you? Which ones did you take? What condition(s) did you treat? What side effects did you get? How did the antipsychotics compare to "conventional" antidepressants?
      Can antipsychotics be an alternative to "conventional" antidepressants? What are the risks? What are the benefits? Do they make you a tomato with time? Psychiatrists prescribe them more often in recent times, it seems.
    • By Motoko
      I had a terrible manic/psychotic episode last August, and I'm having a great deal of difficulty letting go of certain elements of the experience. I keep being gripped with the feeling I've made a terrible mistake of some kind that's going to result in something bad, but other times I'm able to reassure myself that's not the case. What's really bad is when i start to argue with myself internally about it, which can make me panicky. I do take Depakote and Zyprexa, so it's not like I'm not taking my meds.  Has anyone else had this kind of trouble? I thought about posting this in OCD but it seemed more relevant here.
    • By nanna
      It's been a long while since my last visit here, and even longer since last writing anything.
      I don't know where to write this, or even what to write, but there really is no one else to talk to.
      So... long story short, I attempted suicide about 6 months ago (not my first try), and obviously, failed at that, again. I have been in a relationship more or less 5 years now, and I guess I can summarize that into "it's complicated". Things have been going from bad to worse since the suicide attempt. To a point that few weeks ago, my (I don't know what to call him, "partner"?) was violent towards me (not really the first time this kind of thing has happened, but certainly the worst).
      He so angry all the time (at me, I guess.. and certainly some of it is completely justified), it feels like he is expecting me to be "grateful" for him saving my life, and when I can't, it makes things even worse.
      It doesn't really make things any easier, that we both have some pretty serious issues. Me with depression, and trauma-related dissociative "disorder" (?), or at least a tendency to dissociate in difficult situations. And he with alcohol abuse, and some traumas of his own.
      Anyway, right now we are still living in the same house (he is occupying most of the space, and I am kind of living in my workroom) but we don't really have a "together-life". I don't have a lot of friends in general, and the few I have are living relatively far from where I live. My mother lives not-too-far-away, but we aren't very close, and I can't imagine talking to her about this.
    • By CookieN
      Sometimes out of the blue I get this feeling that I did something wrong and people will come to get me, because of this. Then I keep on reviewing what I did throughout the day and see that I did not do anything wrong. What causes this? Is this ocd or paranoia? How to prevent/deal/improve with this?
    • By MisterMelancholy
      I've been experiencing depersonalization frequently recently but I don't understand why. I probably don't fit the criteria of depersonalization disorder so the only other reason I could experience is if I used a psychedelic substance, which I do not. I've been wondering if depression is the cause of the depersonalization as it often, but not always, happens during MDD episodes. Could this be correct?