CrazyBoards.org

New here, found forum when I was searching a question related to thoughts I had at the time, saw there was a few threads related to my struggles. I'm from nc, born here so haven't been to many states, just the few from va and fla. I appear normal I guess, don't really know what others see, just know what I see in my distorted reflection. I am not sure how many others struggle with what I do here, I've struggled with bulimia for many years, not a fun cycle, just shame, fear, hurt, guilt and self hate. Its not about weight, a lot more to it, like my undertlying illness bpd.

Hi and welcome,

I "lurked" for months before getting up the nerve to join in, and I'm glad I did. This place is ALL about people coming together to share their struggles and pain and frustration and sometimes triumphs (even if it might seem minor or even stupid to the "so-called normals" - who don't know jack squat unless they've been to that particular carnival - something like "I went a whole week without cutting/purging/drinking" can be worth a parade, confetti and a brass band to those who KNOW how it can feel to hold it off for even ten minutes when you feel like you're going to blow apart into a million billion pieces if you don't do whatever thing it is you do to cope with your whatever. It's amazing how many people-like-you you find here even when you're totally certain you're the only one in the world who could possibly feel the kind of things that you do. (There are LOTs of BPD folks here, by the way... me, too.)

(And in my not-so-humble opinion, anyone who would think bulimia is "fun" in any way, shape, or manner is one twisted sonovabitch.)

OUAT

Archived