CrazyBoards.org

I often feel this way, too. My tdoc says its more likely due to my having been brutally attacked by 3 teenage boys about 15 years ago than with my paranoia. According to her, it's important to develop the skill of being able to tell when I should be cautious vs. when I'm being paranoid for no discernible reason, which is something I am working on in therapy. Like the saying goes, just because you are paranoid does not mean that no one is out to get you.

I've had a similar situation lately, where I keep thinking that other people are looking at me funny, laughing at me, and scheming. I didn't think it was a symptom, but it was making me feel uncomfortable so I mentioned it in my recent pdoc appointment. He said that I must have been expecting that behaviour and that is why I saw it. So not a symptom.

I would tend to agree with the others if you have been bullied recently, that this is more because of that.

I've had a similar situation lately, where I keep thinking that other people are looking at me funny, laughing at me, and scheming. I didn't think it was a symptom, but it was making me feel uncomfortable so I mentioned it in my recent pdoc appointment. He said that I must have been expecting that behaviour and that is why I saw it. So not a symptom.

I would tend to agree with the others if you have been bullied recently, that this is more because of that.

I hadnt thought of it like that. I frequently hate going out in public because i think everybody is laughing at me behind my back, even though i can never see it. I think they cover it up when they know im looking. I also am afraid that people are going to start yelling at me for being stupid, so im forever apologising to people. Both my pdoc and my old tdoc said it was paranoia. Now im confused lol

Guest Vapourware

Whether the feeling is warranted depends on evidence. Just because people are walking past doesn't necessarily mean they are laughing behind your back, going to hurt you or hell, otherwise have even noticed you in the first place. I think the idea of evidence separates a warranted feeling from paranoia.

Archived