CrazyBoards.org

What does clonidine feel like? compared to diltiazem, lopressor, inderal or zanaflex?

I've taken all of these meds except lopressor. But i was wondering what clonidine feels like, specially in relation to these meds. I've taken diltiazem, and it generally feels alright. I didn't really get any side effects from it. Just a general warmth in the face area. It also helped me with breathing issues, and helped stop a throat spasm i had been having. The only reason i stopped it is because i had to add on other meds, that caused constipation, so they wouldn't mesh.

I've taken inderal(beta blocker) before, and generally it makes me feel as if someone has put some sort of shield on my chest. And sometimes that shield weighed me down, and I couldnt breathe well and exacerbated my asthma. (this was before diagnosed with asthma)

Zanaflex is a similar med, in terms of the mechanism of action. But really It just says that it is also a alpha adrenergic agonist. I've taken this as well for other reasons(muscle spasm.) The only effect it did have was make me a bit tired, specially when combined with ativan or klonopin. More of a side effect from this med, was hypotonia, or low muscle tone.

It's somewhat sedating but isn't as inebriating as inderal in my experience. Tenex is a similar med that lacks the sedating qualities. It's the active component of Intuniv.

Is Tenex good for anxiety? (I ask because Wikipedia says it is, and wouldn't it be nice to be able to kill my ADD and anxiety with one shot!)

It's somewhat sedating but isn't as inebriating as inderal in my experience. Tenex is a similar med that lacks the sedating qualities. It's the active component of Intuniv.

Is Tenex good for anxiety? (I ask because Wikipedia says it is, and wouldn't it be nice to be able to kill my ADD and anxiety with one shot!)

Clonidine is just as effective for ADHD only without the sedation. I can't speak as to its effectiveness for anxiety because I've never taken it without also taking other drugs for anxiety.

Archived