CrazyBoards.org

Am I a Bat? (Strong Aversion to Sunlight)

I just can't stand going out during the day, partly because I'm usually drowsy during the day and partly because I don't like people being able to see me because I'm ashamed of the way I look. I'm afraid to go out at night as well for reasons that are probably unreasonable fears/delusions. This makes life very difficult. What can I do?

I can't diagnose you, and am only going on what you have said here, but it sounds to me more like an issue with going out than an aversion to sunlight. The drowsiness could be a side effect from meds, but I am not familiar with any of the meds you are on. The other stuff comes across as being anxiety related. Are you in therapy, because that may be a good place to work through these feelings.

I can't diagnose you, and am only going on what you have said here, but it sounds to me more like an issue with going out than an aversion to sunlight. The drowsiness could be a side effect from meds, but I am not familiar with any of the meds you are on. The other stuff comes across as being anxiety related. Are you in therapy, because that may be a good place to work through these feelings.

Thanks for your reply. How would my therapist help me work through that? He basically tells me to "just do it" on most issues and doesn't take things beyond that.

Um, I think you need a better therapist, not a nike commercial. You can get that for free.

Anna

OK, maybe that is a good idea. The only thing I'm worried about is that if I switch therapists and don't like the new one for whatever reason, they probably wont let me switch again, ever. I tried to switch my general practitioner twice (first time because of moving to the other side of town, second time because I didn't feel comfortable with the new one) and they wouldn't let me do it the second time, even though the first time it was just a location move.

Archived