CrazyBoards.org

When I am on a bus or anywhere where there is people around I am convinced that people can hear my thoughts. Its so bad that I have to hold the top of my head in away that stops the thoughts from getting out. I also try as hard as I can to think of nothing when people are around. I have had this symptom for years yet I have never told anyone about it for fear of sounding crazy.

Guest Vapourware

I've had the same experience before. I'd be in a public place and suddenly I would turn into the human equivalent of a radio. I would believe that all my thoughts and secrets were being heard by others and that other people were going to mock me and use the information in nefarious ways. It was very discomforting and very intrusive. I hated it.

I think it's a good idea to tell your treatment team about these symptoms. If they are causing you distress, then they should be treated ASAP. Doctors have heard everything. They're not going to think you're crazy. In fact, thought broadcasting is not that uncommon as a psychotic symptom.

One time, I had to tell my doctor that I genuinely believed he was out to kill me and that all my symptoms were his fault. He didn't bat an eyelid.

I have had this symptom for years yet I have never told anyone about it for fear of sounding crazy.

Pdocs have heard about thought broadcasting quite a bit, it is a common psychotic symptom. Your doc will not think you are crazy if you tell him. This must be very uncomfortable. Though broadcasting

responds well to medication. Usually it can be made to totally go away.

nf

I've been lit up like a radio transmitter. I wanted to hold my hands on my head to keep all my thoughts in. It didn't work. I was convinced people on the right wavelength could read my thoughts and that the police were conducting stakeouts and following me in my car to gather evidence of my thought crimes. It was a horrible experience. Felt like rape of my inner most being.

Tell your pdoc what is going on. He or she will not think it weird or wrong, you'll just be prescribed meds to make it stop.

I am another who has had something similar. Mine comes and goes. But it has definitely reduced since going on meds.

When I started feeling that way I did not know that this was a symptom or that it had a name. But from what I understand, I would say that it does sound at least like my interpretation of what thought broadcasting is.

Archived