CrazyBoards.org

my life is so stale and boring

my life has become so stale it's the same ol crap week in and week out some time I wonder is it this bipolar label is just that a label a safety net a way to excuse myself from life as life passes by it's definetly standing outside looking inward I cant deviate from my norm or something will happen the only standard I have for living life is my wife and truely wonder about her sometimes;; Is there a chance letting life go by living in the safety net of being bipolar and living in fear of waking the bipolar monster and he'll get me if I deviate from my normal

You don't have to live in fear of waking the bipolar monster if your bipolar is controlled by meds. I understand what you are saying about life though. My depression and anxiety have paralyzed me, and I'm just watching life go by and not actually living it.

thanks for understanding, does the big picture seem surreal somtime's when your outside looking in which to me seems way to easy to do whith my life it can't be normal but thanks again jt it's good to hear from you I dig your comments your very smart you know

I do not have a bipolar diagnosis, but have had times when life seemed "stale". Think of one thing that you can do in the next 30 minutes that would bring you pleasure: a brisk walk; a cup of coffee or tea in the yard as you listen to the birds; snapping a picture of what is taking place around you and sharing it with friends; call a friend and make a date for lunch; buy a bouquet of flowers for your wife and arrange them in a pretty vase. It does not always take a great event to change one's outlook and move stale to fresh.

Sometimes it is important to remember that normal changes with the day and the season. Or as a friend of mine says. "Normal is simple a setting on the washing machine."

I know exactly what you mean. Certain aspects of my life are very highly regimented, and I am afraid to deviate from my norms because experience has taught me that my tolerance for chaos, or even novelty, is pretty low. I traveled internationally when I was younger, but I'm scared to do it now, for instance, because moving across just two time zones messes me up. I don't go to shows anymore because I can't handle the crowds. My career options are limited because there's no way I can manage a 9-5 job.

It has taken me years and a lot of trial and error to put together a life that balances my need to be useful in the world and my very real limitations. All I can tell you is that trial and error and a lot of attention to meds is how I did it. I thought a lot about what I love and what I need, and went after it with baby steps.

thank you at least I know i,m not imagining thing I guess my fear of waking the big bipolar monster is real but it's actually just my limitations and inexperience to handle change and my worst big crowds

Everyone, even the most sane and functional person in the world, has some limitation/s. And inexperience is just that: lack of experience. Practice may not make perfect, but it does make for practical, working arrangements. We learn by doing.

I totally get the "living on autopilot" feeling. I have felt better with a med change, not great but better. Can you plan to do anything different today? Something just for pleasure, to try to kick the stale feeling for a time? I found that stability on the wrong med for me immensly boring, soul crushingly dull. But also, routine doesn't have to be boring. You can plan to do different stuff without rocking the bipolar boat. Hope that helps :-)

small excitements.

a new shirt.

a new book to read.

a hike on a path you haven't gone to before.

lapping, little waves. instead of tsunami. is a placid ocean boring? kinda. then you start to notice how every wave is different and all the little pebbles are colored in startling ways.

Archived