CrazyBoards.org

Yes i communicate with objects all the time, of cause they normally start it but i try and be nice to them and learn from them. I too have had things, ( shower curtain and shampoo bottles normally communicate with me) in the shower they talk to me and they talked about how ugly i was naked and i had the same reaction to cover up which is never nice, but the chair in my room is my best friend and she is sweet to me but mostly stuff is angry i find. I do talk back as well, its only right.

Guest Vapourware

Sorry to hear you're both having distressing experiences. I think it's a good idea to tell your respective doctors about the symptoms. In order for something to interact with you, they have to be sentient. Inanimate objects like furniture are not sentient so really, they can't interact with you.

Belle-elphaba, Another Polar Bear, it is your illness talking to you, not the inanimate objects. Things like shampoo bottles and stuffed animals can't talk, but schizophrenia and SZA can make it appear so. Talk to your pdocs about this. Medication can help and it sounds like you are undermedicated or on the wrong meds.

ETA: Spelling

I had an experience quite a while ago, like a couple of years ago, where the furniture was talking to me. But I was very sleep deprived at the time.

But about me talking back there is a few answers.

If I recognise the voice as the Ringleader then I will (but only recently) leave it until I get home, but that took a long time and acceptance that other people do not hear him. If it is not him or I do not recognise him, then unfortunately I do tend to respond even if only to tell them to shut up or go away.

Nothing to do with psychosis but I do talk to inanimate objects, like if I put something somewhere I will tell it not to move or fall off onto the floor or things like that. It usually works.

When I was experiencing really bad thought control, I would usually say something (or at least I would when I had the confidence to challenge the individuals responsible). I do randomly remember once when I was walking to the bus stop with a friend, and some randomers were around, when I was experiencing thought control and I suddenly screamed something like 'stop messing with my thoughts!' in response.

Guest Vapourware

Yes, that could be a problem. I suggest that you take your Saphris on a regular basis. It might help to have an alarm on your phone to remind you to take, and have a pill box. If all else fails, going for depot injections might not be a bad idea.

Guest Vapourware

I can understand that - there have been numerous times when I haven't wanted to take medication either. However, when you have schizophrenia, one of the mainstays of treatment is medication, especially antipsychotics. Without medication - quite frankly, you will most likely end up batshit crazy. If you have had multiple episodes of psychosis, the likelihood is that you will need to remain on an antipsychotic indefinitely.

It can be hard to come to terms with, but ultimately it is your decision as to whether you'd like to continue having disturbing experiences, or if you would like to potentially live a life without them.

I hate taking medication too, i only do it because if i stopped i pretty sure that my boyfriend would leave because with out meds i am a mess, so he says. And i don't want to lose him or my family, as i think my family would give up on me too. You have to have a reason for wanting them i think for it to work.

Archived