CrazyBoards.org

Its the rugby world cup on at the moment, for all of those who didn't know this.

I have been watching my country's team and i was wondering what you think of this; I have watched all there games, i watched the first two and i remember thinking, they are only wining because i watched them, the third game i made myself watch it so they would win even though i had heaps of problems focusing, and they won, i believe this shows that my feeling is correct.

I believe the powers and fores which control everything in the world knows me and them and connects the two.

My boyfriend thinks this is psychotic, my sister thinks it anxiety. I talked to my pdoc and she thinks its psychotic/delusional.

I think i have a point. What do you think?

It seems that your antipsychotics are not controlling your symptoms. Is there any way you could get in to see your pdoc and tell him that you are still having breakthrough psychosis? Maybe a med change is in order.

You need to reality check- do you have someone you can confide your thoughts in so they can help you reality check when those thoughts aren't as rational as they should be? Not sure what else you can do, but if it gets to be a problem then maybe you need to specifically talk to your p.doc about changing your meds or dosage.

Guest Vapourware

I think you should talk to your pdoc again about the issue, and also about some of your other issues such as believing inanimate objects are speaking to you. Those are signs that your medication is not adequately controlling your symptoms. To be honest, 200mg of seroquel isn't really an AP dose and 400mg of Solian is the minimum dose for psychotic symptoms, so you have plenty of room to move with both meds.

The whole thing about you and the rugby world cup is psychotic/delusional because there isn't anything stronger than a coincidental causal relationship between you watching the game and your country's team winning. It is highly likely that your team would've won the games anyways, regardless whether or not you were watching. One person cannot exert such an influence on the universe.

You need to reality check- do you have someone you can confide your thoughts in so they can help you reality check when those thoughts aren't as rational as they should be? Not sure what else you can do, but if it gets to be a problem then maybe you need to specifically talk to your p.doc about changing your meds or dosage.

I do have people who have offered and that who i also talked to today was my social worker, she has told me several times if something is considered psychotic or normal then also tell me to tell my pdoc. It is very helpful but i get offended when people seem to always put it down to psychosis makes me feel bad, like i failed or something. I like asking on here to just for more fed back as there is so much stuff that goes on, i feel bad if i am always asking. - the thing is with my pdoc i don't know how to ask about medications, is it all right for me to ask an increase? i don't want an increase but if it will help it could be interest. At the moment she seems to think even after talking to her that my meds were fine, i feel like she is testing me or something. I was thinking i might need something for my depression at the moment but she said no.

Today with the rugby she seemed to think it was delusional but couldn't tell me why she thought that.

Thank you to all your answers, it does help even though i still find this hole new thing (psychosis) hard to get my head around, i am getting there.

I do have people who have offered and that who i also talked to today was my social worker, she has told me several times if something is considered psychotic or normal then also tell me to tell my pdoc. It is very helpful but i get offended when people seem to always put it down to psychosis makes me feel bad, like i failed or something. I like asking on here to just for more fed back as there is so much stuff that goes on, i feel bad if i am always asking. - the thing is with my pdoc i don't know how to ask about medications, is it all right for me to ask an increase? i don't want an increase but if it will help it could be interest. At the moment she seems to think even after talking to her that my meds were fine, i feel like she is testing me or something. I was thinking i might need something for my depression at the moment but she said no.

Today with the rugby she seemed to think it was delusional but couldn't tell me why she thought that.

Thank you to all your answers, it does help even though i still find this hole new thing (psychosis) hard to get my head around, i am getting there.

You haven't failed! I can understand how something you believe to be true, yet others telling you it's not can be frustrating, but they/we tell you to help you, not to hurt you. I'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say ask as often as you want to, that's what we're here for!

As for what you can ask your p.doc- I think, ask anything you want, ask for an increase or anti depressants if you think it will help you, the worst she can say is no. If you find she's not listening, maybe try and work out a list of reasons before you go to your appointment as to why you are asking, how you think the increase/different meds will benefit you. If she still says no, ask her why she's saying no. If you still believe you need the increase/different meds, then maybe you should look at getting a second opinion?

In my opinion, you are having breakthrough symptoms, and therefore need to look at adjusting your meds,

Are you in the UK?

It sounds like you have had a long history in mental health services with many diagnoses, and it may be that your doctor is being cautious about loading with more medication. You may need a higher dose, but your best bet would be to document your thoughts (what you believe, when and for long the thoughts pop up) and then take someone in your family with you to your appointment to help you present what is going on and ask for a medication increase.

I understand the feeling offended by other people telling you when you are being psychotic. I have always found it offensive, like they are using it against me or something like that.

I would agree with everyone saying that the rugby thing sounds delusional to me. Nobody can make a team win just by watching the game. The only people with the power to make the team win is the team themselves (and the other team by not playing as well as the winning team). The spectators cannot influence the result.

I had something similar but different a few years ago, where I thought that I could control the time of the day with just the power of my own thoughts. In reality I was only running myself into the ground but it took me a long time to recognise how absurd I was being. Nobody could have done what I thought I was doing. My thoughts were not that powerful.

And I also get the finding psychosis so hard to get your head around. I still do. I guess this is on my list of things to bring up in therapy.

Also, as the others have said, you have plenty of room to increase your meds. Please tell your pdoc about these feelings about the rugby, because you sound like you are still having some symptoms.

(Edited to finish writing my post - my computer seems to have a mind of its own today)

Thank you all for your reply's, Okay I will post more and ask you all think about things that go on in my life, but if i post to much make sure someone lets me know.

Are you in the UK?

It sounds like you have had a long history in mental health services with many diagnoses, and it may be that your doctor is being cautious about loading with more medication. You may need a higher dose, but your best bet would be to document your thoughts (what you believe, when and for long the thoughts pop up) and then take someone in your family with you to your appointment to help you present what is going on and ask for a medication increase.

I think you might be right that she doesn't want to load me up with medication which is good thing, but next month when i see her i will let her know and see what she says about medication.

Please don't ever think you've failed or something. Psychosis is a disease (just as depression, anxiety) and you cannot control it except through meds. It doesn't mean you've failed. You simply can't control it. When other people tell you that it is psychosis, it's not to put you down or make you feel like you've failed; it is to help you recognize signs of psychosis and to encourage you to get your meds adjusted properly. Don't feel bad about it.

Please post on here as much as you want and don't feel like you are posting too much. We're glad you are around.

you're not a failure! none of us can make our team win just by watching. :)

you're just fine. the psychosis wont be about everything. I hate it too because I feel like when one thing I think is delusional then people dismiss the stuff I think that isn't...

yeah let us know how it goes with the doc. and this place is the place for asking questions.:)

Archived