CrazyBoards.org

I haven't really been on here in a while, but I dunno what set this off. I got diagnoised with paranoid depression a month ago as I actually went to get help. Tbh I don't really think its the correct diagnoises as many other doctors have said I have many signs of bipolar also. I am just worried that I'm not going to get diagnoised properly. And I don't really see any difference with the medication either. I'm just kinda frustrated.

How long have you been taking the meds for? With many of them it takes a while to kick in, often several weeks. The general rule of thumb is to give a med six weeks. Also, are you taking them as prescribed? If you're skipping doses for whatever reason (feel fine, forgot, don't feel like taking a med, etc.), you will never figure out if the med is working. All psychiatric meds need to reach a stable level in your bloodstream and stay that way to be effective. Hope you find something that works for you, and please call your pdoc if you think things aren't working. There's no need to suffer, you can get better.

Archived