CrazyBoards.org

When i read it doesn't make sense, I really struggle with this as makes it hard for answering others questions on here and in general life. It feels to me that when i am reading it, someone has switched the words round on me so i can't read it and it doesn't make sense. I can re-read it and read it out loud and it still wont make sense. I hate it! I can't read properly, I can read my own writing and it has nothing to do with my dyslexia or my inability to read because of dyslexia because it only started about 3 months ago when i was manic but it stayed even after the mania left, it really drives me nuts. Its like someone who is writing is messes it up only for me because other poeple have commented. I would love to comment more but for fear of writing something that doesn't fit the question i have not done much.

Does anyone else get this? Do you know whats its called? Is this psychotic?

I talked to my pdoc about this but she didn't say what she thought it was but only asked if i had ever had a CT done which i said no and that's was were it was left.

Any ideas?

I don't get the issue with reading, but I do with listening to people talking to me. Like nothing they say goes in properly or it just sounds like noise. Like they might as well be talking in a foreign language. I do get that this kind of thing can be very annoying.

For me it has gotten a little better since going on meds, but I am by no means completely rid of it.

But I would say that you are best getting it checked out. Because, as jt07 said, it could be anything. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of this soon.

I don't get the issue with reading, but I do with listening to people talking to me. Like nothing they say goes in properly or it just sounds like noise. Like they might as well be talking in a foreign language. I do get that this kind of thing can be very annoying.

For me it has gotten a little better since going on meds, but I am by no means completely rid of it.

But I would say that you are best getting it checked out. Because, as jt07 said, it could be anything. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of this soon.

I am super glad i can understand speech, that would drive real crazy if i couldn't what poeple are saying. Even with reading it really pissing me off because it doesn't make sense can't imagine what it must like with speech and talking

What you are describing could be anything from dyslexia to med side effects to symptoms of your schizoaffective disorder. There's really no way for us here to tell. You should bring this up with your pdoc.

I did talk with my pdoc but didn't seem to know as she only asked if i had a CT scan and she told me so stay away from reading for a while to see if that helped, then the conversation changed so i don't know what she thinks. If it is not connected to the dyslexia like i don't think it is, what would it be if it was to do with my schizoaffective disorder? I know you aren't a doctor but i just wonder what your thoughts would be if i was because of my sza what do you think might be causing it as i have no idea.

How long has it been since you stabilized?

After being manic it can sometimes take a while for your brain to recover and function properly. I had a hard time reading for a while. I also had a hard time reading after psychosis and also rapid cycling. I'm not sure if this is what you have going on, but it's what comes to mind.

Thank you, I came down from mania about middle of July, afterwards i was stable for about 5 to 6 weeks and now i am depressed. Not sure if that is long enough to come off it completely. But when i was manic i would grind my teeth because my body never shut off and was always moving and wasn't sleeping much but i don't grind my teeth now just for like a week after the mania i would do it so i think i am past the mania stage, i do rapid cycle i have about 5 or 6 episodes a year.

I did talk with my pdoc but didn't seem to know as she only asked if i had a CT scan and she told me so stay away from reading for a while to see if that helped, then the conversation changed so i don't know what she thinks. If it is not connected to the dyslexia like i don't think it is, what would it be if it was to do with my schizoaffective disorder? I know you aren't a doctor but i just wonder what your thoughts would be if i was because of my sza what do you think might be causing it as i have no idea.

I understand that it is very disturbing, but honestly, I don't have a clue. Sometimes even depression can cause it. I just don't know.

Archived