CrazyBoards.org

Things have personalities and can hurt me?

I have stuffed animals and my baby blanket in my room. I always talk to them because I know they have feelings. I apologize to them if I accidently bump into them.

I believe my house will find some way to hurt me if it thinks I'm moving away. We've been looking at moving and my husband thinks I'm nuts b/c I won't talk about it if we're in or around our house. (I'm on the computer at my parents' house right now).

There are other various things like this that I do that my family thinks isn't normal. My husband has mentioned talking to the pdoc about these things. Do you think it's worth bringing up?

Edited to add: I think tons of people have the thoughts of objects having feelings. What concerns my husband is that I truly believe this without a doubt.

I'm another who thinks you do need to bring this up with your pdoc.

I have always believed that my teddy has feelings and I talk to it (like, since childhood), but it seems from what you have posted that your feeling is much more intense than mine. Plus the house trying to hurt you does sound delusional to me, however you take the teddy situation.

Guest Vapourware

Yes, bring it up with your doctor. For objects to interact with you, they need to be sentient. Toys and houses don't have sentience.

Archived