CrazyBoards.org

What feelings/thoughts do you have before a psychotic episode?

I don't get any weird or different feeling/ thoughts before i am psychotic because i feel more normal when psychotic; I only know when others say something and pointing out i am psychotic, but then i still don't believe them. And i don't know whats its like before i have an episode because i have never known when its started.

I start seeing weird stuff in my peripheral vision, like moving shadows. I start feeling like things in my life are extremely important to the world at large. I start seeing everything I do as very very meaningful. I begin getting lax with hygeine, and stop handling day-to-day things. I forget things more easily. I become aggravated easily, argue more often, and can become aggressive verbally. I can be irritable, and I find being alone tends to hasten my decline, because I start believing all this stuff...

the hygeine is the first sign. then the shadow people. then the irritation and arguing.

I don't get any weird or different feeling/ thoughts before i am psychotic because i feel more normal when psychotic; I only know when others say something and pointing out i am psychotic, but then i still don't believe them. And i don't know whats its like before i have an episode because i have never known when its started.

I am the same.

I don't really know how I am before an episode. I was only diagnosed and treated this year, after 5 years of going around not knowing anything was wrong. But I do know that I tend to hallucinate more when I am sleep deprived (I think that is normal), so I would say that sleep deprivation is a trigger for me. I would probably say that my biggest warning sign is my friends arguing with everything I say, but it is pretty much impossible to convince me that this is a warning sign when I am going into an episode. I always believe my delusions, and actually think it is my friends who are wrong.

ETA: I also decide that there is nothing wrong with me.

I am the same.

I don't really know how I am before an episode. I was only diagnosed and treated this year, after 5 years of going around not knowing anything was wrong. But I do know that I tend to hallucinate more when I am sleep deprived (I think that is normal), so I would say that sleep deprivation is a trigger for me. I would probably say that my biggest warning sign is my friends arguing with everything I say, but it is pretty much impossible to convince me that this is a warning sign when I am going into an episode. I always believe my delusions, and actually think it is my friends who are wrong.

I notice that when others think i am psychotic we fight more also, i will say something which is considered psychotic and very one just gets defensive and fight with me, i guess so far that's my only warning or clue. They hate it too because when we get into a fight about something i always win because they get it so wrong.

My hygiene is never good, not for years. I am always social withdrawal, my sleep pattens are never good and I'm always anxious too, so makes that hard to tell.

I just feel like in my mind I KNOW something all of a sudden despite my husband looking worried. I mean that's my clue and I usually know that something is off but it is hard. I use what I know about my illness to settle down and take my meds even if I don't really want to (usually my husband is pushing me to take them by this point). I guess my anxiety gets bad and I notice that. I just feel off in my head. It's hard to describe.

I am the same.

It's impossible to convince me that I'm wrong when I'm having delusions, and I think everyone else has the problem

Archived