So I'm on 5mg of Saphris (lets hope I don't go on more, fingers crossed!) and every once in a while I like to have an occasionally drink. I'm of age here in the US. Now what I'm wondering is; has anyone else drank alcohol while on this specific drug? Have you experienced any adverse effects/reactions? I'm not necessarily talking about large quantities of alcohol. The most I'll have is one beer or a glass of wine, since that's healthy. Am I still asking for trouble??

Much appreciated!

Edited by ItCouldBeKyle

I never combined the two. My concern for you would come from mixing a med that can be very sedating with alcohol. I agree that it would be a good idea to put some time in between the two. The other question is whether or not you should mix meds and alcohol at all.. only you can answer that. Some people have their moods affected by that - some don't. It's best if you're stable and stick to the one, and then if it messes you up, stop.

Some can tolerate a drink on AAPs, some can't. I'd suggest talking to pdoc, if he gives go ahead, giving it a try but making sure you have someone with you in case you have a bad reaction.

If you are not a substance abuser, it's possible to drink moderately on some psych meds and many people do so.

Anna

• 4 years later...

I'm an alcoholic and I'm 21 in the US. Saphris knocks me out after 10 minutes, so I take it at night before bed. I mainly only drink in the morning and afternoons but I've drank at night before heavily and taken this medication, it didn't affect it at all for me, and still worked the next day when I woke up