CrazyBoards.org

I can hear so many voices at night, muffled but still audible only to my ears.

It seems like a thousand of them talking to eachother, trying to keep me awake.

Sometimes, one will scream right into my brain, but it's very hard to understand

what they are saying most of the time.

My question being, is it possible I am only hearing others' televisions through the

walls since I live in an apartment complex? Or am I picking up radiowaves through

the metal retainer in my mouth?

I can hear so many voices at night, muffled but still audible only to my ears.

It seems like a thousand of them talking to eachother, trying to keep me awake.

Sometimes, one will scream right into my brain, but it's very hard to understand

what they are saying most of the time.

My question being, is it possible I am only hearing others' televisions through the

walls since I live in an apartment complex? Or am I picking up radiowaves through

the metal retainer in my mouth?

I think you are undermedicated. You need to talk to your pdoc about these symptoms.

Guest Vapourware

To be honest, it sounds more psychotic than anything to me. Especially in how you described a voice that seems to have shouted straight into your ear. I'm still curious as to why you're not on an antipsychotic, considering your symptoms and your diagnosis.

I had something similar to this a couple of years ago. I was convinced at the time that I was intercepting phone conversations from the other side of the world. Whatever they were saying I could not understand or make out, but I got to the point of gathering that they must be talking about me or why would I actually hear them. It was always at the same time each night as well.

I was very sleep deprived at the time and this was just making the situation worse.

However now I see that this was probably just another part of my illness, and as the others have said this sounds the most likely option for you. It was probably unlikely that I was able to intercept phone calls, especially from another country. I would say it was unlikely to be televisions at the times when they are speaking directly to you.

Is there a reason why you are not on an AP, given that you say in your signature that you have been diagnosed with psychotic features. One could really help you. My biggest regret was not going on one sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

Its possible you have schizophrenia.A Schizophrenic can be in an empty room and imagine that there are people in the room.Also Schizophrenics tends to play the blame game.They think that if something has happened that is the reason they are like that.Blaming rape,abuse,prison,termination,and mistreatment for their misfortune.In your case you think a reatainer is the reason you hear voices.

Archived